• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I want to build a full size one but I'll probably have to pull a permit with the city. I think a GMC 672 will work for the motor and two variable displacement pumps for the hydraulics to run the legs. Working on a rough blue print right now. :o

So, I'm finally getting around to watching Jessica Jones.

I'm still on the first season, and like the series a lot.

But...

1) Kilgrave Powers: Why hasn't anyone thought of wearing ear plugs?

2) Jessica Jones Powers: She has super-human strength, but a regular body.

a) So how does she survive a multi-story leap or drop? Regardless of her strength, her bones would snap like twigs.

b) How does she break padlocks off doors without lifting her body off the ground?

c) How does she break padlocks and smash objects without turning her hand(s) into hamburger?

:popcorn:

If you're going full size, I think you might have room for a railgun.

If so, no permit is necessary.

Just take out City Hall as you walk down Main Street. :grin:

Yes, I'm going full size and I won't stop with City Hall. I may as well take out the whole Eastern Sea Board. :whee:

But...

a) So how does she survive a multi-story leap or drop? Regardless of her strength, her bones would snap like twigs.

b) How does she break padlocks off doors without lifting her body off the ground?

c) How does she break padlocks and smash objects without turning her hand(s) into hamburger?

Don't over think it. :D

But...

I can't help it. :sorry:

But...

Ok let's do this then :sumo:

1) Earplugs only dampen sound, they don't eliminate it.

2) She's so strong with her itty bitty muscles she's never had a real workout to gain mass.

a) Itty bitty super strong leg/foot muscles absorb the impact, plus she doesn't weigh much.

b) A quick twist uses the metal hinge to snap the lock before she does a padlock chin up.

c) Cage gave her an unbreakable skin STD.

But...

Ok let's do this then :sumo:

1) Earplugs only dampen sound, they don't eliminate it.

2) She's so strong with her itty bitty muscles she's never had a real workout to gain mass.

a) Itty bitty super strong leg/foot muscles absorb the impact, plus she doesn't weigh much.

b) A quick twist uses the metal hinge to snap the lock before she does a padlock chin up.

c) Cage gave her an unbreakable skin STD.

I watched the last episode this morning...and Trish used...

HEADPHONES!

:acclaim:

And the whole Cage thing lol

Do you mean the unbelievable coincidence of Jessica Jones meeting and dating the husband of the woman she killed, Luke Cage, who turns out to have mutant powers, and then having to fight him while he's under the control of Kilgrave?

Or the unbelievable coincidence of the cop who, under the control of Kilgrave, tried to kill Trish but then started dating her, and then we find out he's a super soldier with access to a hermetically sealed cage close enough to be used to contain Kilgrave?

lol

Also, isn't it interesting that both Daredevil and Jessica Jones find sympathetic nurses who will risk their careers and lives for them to treat super-heroes away from the hospital?

I did think it was sorta cool that the D.A. was the same woman (Samantha Reyes) in both series.

I liked the series and think Jessica Jones is a great character...but gee whiz...where do they find these writers? Or was that Brian Michael Bendis' story arc from Alias?

Also, Blowie...I didn't see the framed picture of Stan Lee. You have good eyes.

I'm also upset with the History Channel, which is a normal condition for me.

They turned a really interesting character, Ragnar Lothbrok, into a murderous tweaker with questionable battle skills. :sumo:

Also, what they heck are they doing with this Jesus-Gigolo dude? Seriously?

I'm also upset with the History Channel, which is a normal condition for me.

They turned a really interesting character, Ragnar Lothbrok, into a murderous tweaker with questionable battle skills. :sumo:

Also, what they heck are they doing with this Jesus-Gigolo dude? Seriously?

And no Steppa :cry:

That's what I thought. I know incorporating UV protection has been mentioned in the past but I suspect that wouldn't be an economic cost increase.

As for the old cases... I found that out the hard way. I hung my Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 on the wall of my greenhouse... :eek:

;)