• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I liked Damnation Alley. Though 39 years later I probably wouldn’t enjoy it as much.

As a kid, I liked it too. The cockroach scene was pretty gruesome. Poor Paul Winfield. I watched it again about a year ago and it was god awful. Just a mess of a movie

I TRIED to watch " Raptor Ranch " the other night. ( Lorenzo Llamas again ). I made it about half way and could not take it any more. I may finish up when desperation sets in.

Kind of off topic, but for some reason I was thinking about this just now. I have a group of friends who get together and party and watch Castle Keep several times every year.

Total cult classic.

What was the old western movie...might have had John Wayne in it...but it was in color...there's a scene on a train where a kid talks about making something with chemicals...and it turns out to be nitro glycerin?

What was the old western movie...might have had John Wayne in it...but it was in color...there's a scene on a train where a kid talks about making something with chemicals...and it turns out to be nitro glycerin?

Wasn't that "Young Tom Edison" with Mickey Rooney?

Good to hear you're home, Jim :)

That's it!

I remembered it in color. :D

I think he had it in a vial or test tube on the train.

[+]

That's it!

[+]

I watched it as a kid and it's about the only scene I can remember... If I remember correctly, he made a bottle of nitroglycerin on the train. They got rid of by lowering it on a rope into a river. Young Tom got his ears boxed and that left him with hearing loss.

Kind of off topic, but for some reason I was thinking about this just now. I have a group of friends who get together and party and watch Castle Keep several times every year.

Total cult classic.

I tried to do something similar at Halloween with "Satan's Little Helper". That was never repeated after the first year...

That's it!

[+]

I watched it as a kid and it's about the only scene I can remember... If I remember correctly, he made a bottle of nitroglycerin on the train. They got rid of by lowering it on a rope into a river. Young Tom got his ears boxed and that left him with hearing loss.

Huh...that also happened to George when the pharmacist strikes him and his ear bleeds in It's a Wonderful Life.

pDphUCN.jpg

Total cult classic.

I tried to do something similar at Halloween with "Satan's Little Helper". That was never repeated after the first year...

One time my GF and I invited another couple over. I popped in Re-Animator, which I thought was totally awesome and funny. They got up and left mid-movie all pissed off. lol

Another time I brought a date to a midnight showing of A Clockwork Orange. Same deal. "Take me home NOW!" :banana:

I treasure those memories. :cloud9:

Maybe I'm mixing up my black & whites...

Nope. From IMDB...

Later, gravel-voiced train conductor Eugene Palette (as Nelson) smacks Rooney so hard he develops an earache. Doctor Lloyd Corrigan says, "Sometimes there's nothing like a good box in the ears to sharpen a boy's senses."

Edison subsequently suffered from deafness.

One time my GF and I invited another couple over. I popped in Re-Animator, which I thought was totally awesome and funny. They got up and left mid-movie all pissed off. lol

Another time I brought a date to a midnight showing of A Clockwork Orange. Same deal. "Take me home NOW!" :banana:

lol

Neither of those are as bad as taking my date to see "North" with Bruce Willis in 1994 :facepalm:

lol

Neither of those are as bad as taking my date to see "North" with Bruce Willis in 1994 :facepalm:

Yeah, but I get extra points for the giant ceramic murder scene. That was the part when she looked over at me with her face all squished up.

Yeah, but I get extra points for the giant ceramic murder scene. That was the part when she looked over at me with her face all squished up.

That is hard to beat hm

But can you imagine my date's face when she saw this...

e2303838f5194d049ab89d3f9202f7f4.jpg