• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

It seems in recent years that every few months we have some sort of moon “event”. While humankind all have their heads tilted skyward, who’s paying attention to what’s happening at the center of the earth? There’s someone or some thing keeping us distracted. What, and to what end?   hm

16 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I wish I had bought more comics and less stamps.  :)  But it was a lot of fun for awhile.  My dad got me into it and gave me his stamp collection to get me going.

me too. Around the same time I was getting into comics, I found an old box in our attic that was from my grandpa (dad's dad) that had a ton of old stamps, first day issue etc--- it got me into stamp collection. I bought tons more from the back of comic books-- nothing crazy money wise but significant. Later on, I could not find the box, the stamps, nothing. My dad had sold the entire collection off and never had any idea that I was adding to the collection. We talked about it like 10 years ago by chance and he was apologizing not realizing that I had that interest. I only wish I had never found the box or got interested in it - primarily because it ended up being a waste of money (the collection was taken away basically) so why ever bother dumping a single penny into it. Not that I didn't enjoy the hobby during that time-- but in the end, it was wasted time in general.

10 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

It seems in recent years that every few months we have some sort of moon “event”. While humankind all have their heads tilted skyward, who’s paying attention to what’s happening at the center of the earth? There’s someone or some thing keeping us distracted. What, and to what end?   hm

Harvey Elder (Earth-616) | Marvel Database | Fandom

nothing to see here....

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

me too. Around the same time I was getting into comics, I found an old box in our attic that was from my grandpa (dad's dad) that had a ton of old stamps, first day issue etc--- it got me into stamp collection. I bought tons more from the back of comic books-- nothing crazy money wise but significant. Later on, I could not find the box, the stamps, nothing. My dad had sold the entire collection off and never had any idea that I was adding to the collection. We talked about it like 10 years ago by chance and he was apologizing not realizing that I had that interest. I only wish I had never found the box or got interested in it - primarily because it ended up being a waste of money (the collection was taken away basically) so why ever bother dumping a single penny into it. Not that I didn't enjoy the hobby during that time-- but in the end, it was wasted time in general.

I got into it pretty heavily for a kid.  I even went to stamp conventions.  lol

I wouldn't worry too much about it being a waste of money.  A few years ago I priced my collection and it was pretty much worthless even though I still had every stamp and had taken great care of it over the years.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

you couldn't let me try that next hahahaha, jk :foryou: 

I do feel a bit guilty. :frown:

nah it's cool lol 

I looked through my Ragman #1 after guessing, knew it wasn't in #1, figured it was then #2, but didn't want to guess twice in a row :shy: 

Good Job @Ken Aldred Hope you get it! :headbang: 

22 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Panel Me This!

bababooey +1

Bax77 +1

jaeldubyoo +3

Ken Aldred +4

steveinthecity +1

Panel Me This!

bababooey +1

Bax77 +1

jaeldubyoo +3

Ken Aldred +5

steveinthecity +1

18 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I like Nestor Redondo.  Really liked his work on Rima, the Jungle Girl.  Seems like no one ever discusses him.

There's a thread over in Bronze Age.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I got into it pretty heavily for a kid.  I even went to stamp conventions.  lol

I wouldn't worry too much about it being a waste of money.  A few years ago I priced my collection and it was pretty much worthless even though I still had every stamp and had taken great care of it over the years.

I was not worried about the value of the collection itself whenever my dad sold it off. In fact I can't recall missing it-- it just sort of disappeared one day. -- more about that I wasted money ordering all those stamps -- many of which seemed bogus. It wasn't a ton of money but I would have been so much better off spending that cash on comics instead. I also had a pen pal during this time and the kid was really needy after I sent him some foreign stamps one time -- always asking me to "send him more stamps" - killed the pen pal thing totally as it felt like the only thing they cared about was me forking over more stuff like I owed it to him-- really weird.