• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

That's fun!  Let's put the high scores up and beat them. :)

I'll start...my first attempt while I was learning...so...super easy to beat...although the game seemed real excited with my score. :D

BS6ax1g.png

9bwcMU7.png

:popcorn:

1 minute ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

9bwcMU7.png

:popcorn:

The curve to cross the 3k threshold was pretty quick, then I kind of spun in circles around 9-10k.  Have been in the 20's and have topped off at 29k twice. I've never gotten higher than the 768 square.  

15 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

The curve to cross the 3k threshold was pretty quick, then I kind of spun in circles around 9-10k.  Have been in the 20's and have topped off at 29k twice. I've never gotten higher than the 768 square.  

I'll look around the web and see if I can find some more free games that might be fun.

I miss Stars!.  I've looked for years and can't find it anywhere.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Just now, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'll look around the web and see if I can find some more free games that might be fun.

I miss Stars!.  I've looked for years and can't find it anywhere.

Most fun game I've ever played.  Super simple too.  They have a wiki on it.

Stars!

WIZARD MAGAZINE #53 (Jan, 1996)

"Plugged-in comic fans are being courted by online services including America Online, CompuServe, Prodigy, and the new kid on the cyber block, Microsoft Network."

"Wizard and DC Comics recently set up forums on America Online, while Tekno-Comix set up on Prodigy."

"The world Wide Web (or the "Web") has also enjoyed a massive growth spurt."

HWnj9rP.jpg

BOILED ANGELS: THE TRIAL OF MIKE DIANA

LINK

Freedom of speech is one of America’s most cherished rights, protected by the First Amendment. But as some have learned, not all speech is covered by it. One such exception is obscenity, defined by Merriam-Webster as “any utterance or act that strongly offends the prevalent morality of the time”—a glaringly subjective concept. Nevertheless, Florida illustrator Mike Diana learned this the hard way in 1994 when he became the first American artist to be convicted of obscenity. He was punished with fines, probation, community service, psychological testing, and an order to stay away from children. Mike’s big offense: publishing what was deemed an inappropriate comic book. Because the court found his twisted, ultra-violent, sex-filled Boiled Angels series “lacked serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value,” a harmless young cartoonist became a criminal. BOILED ANGELS: THE TRIAL OF MIKE DIANA cleverly chronicles the unbelievable story, while also recounting the misunderstood history of underground comics—from the moral panic of the 50s to the controversial work of Robert Crumb. Narrated by punk icon, Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys), this boisterous documentary profiles an unlikely free speech hero. —E.F.

Available on Amazon Prime - LINK