• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con - Jan 25, 26, 27

81 posts in this topic

They have announced more guests for the Phoenix Comic con in May than for the Amazing in January.

lol true, hell tickets just became available last week and the con is in January...

You know that you are in trouble when you keep plugging a cos-play chick has a headlining guest lol.

Anyways, that's my rant :) don't hate, this is just my opinion ;)

The organizers need to hurry up and announce more guest..if any...

Wouldn't hold your breath. They went from promising to announce more marvel and dc creators in the coming months to ignoring any questions concerning their previous statements on more marvel and dc creators they also deleted any of their previous posts concerning the matter from twitter and facebook.... Oh and still no VIP tickets available for purchase...

I'll probably be there, though I'd like to see the guest list expand in the next week or so. It's almost December.

Last year a lot of great talent got added the last week or so; I'm hoping for the same this year too (I'm not affiliated with the con - just a local). As another poster stated, this has been more of a true COMIC-con than the one in May.

MightyJohn-

I respect your enthusiasm for conventions. Unfortunately you are dead wrong about the guest list. Jim Lee is not the ONLY the name announced, or will be announced here 5 weeks before the con.

There have been a number of guests added to to the EXHIBITING CREATORS list, including comic studios ASPEN, BOOM, TOP COW, ZENESCOPE, BIG DOG INK, and others. If you are looking for quality sketch commissions we have an Artist Alley packed with great creators local, regionally, and nationally.

For other guests-

a Big Push in addition to JIm Lee are a number of Batman Death of the Family Creators- John Layman of Detective Comics, Scott Lobdell of Red Hood & Teen Titans, and Kyle Higgans of Nightwing. There will also be one of the biggest current batman creators jointing us in panel as well.

As for Jim Lee-

he is the #1 guest in ALL of comics. Ranked at the top of the Bleeding Cool power list, Jim Lee makes very FEW appearances outside of the ones officially endorsed by DC Comics such as SDCC, NYCC, Wondercon. He has not been to a convention in Phoenix ever, and the last time he did a signing was about 6 years earlier at the Image 15th anniversary Jam signing. Since that time he has launched the DC52, and will be the artist for the upcoming Man of Steel book, which coincides with the Superman movie this summer. Given the body of work by Jim Lee, including his classic X-Men run for Marvel, founding Image Comics, big runs on Batman, and the newest work on Justice League, as well as countless covers and more, we are confident in the appeal of Jim Lee.

At the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON, we have always positioned ourselves as a COMIC BOOK Convention more than anything else. We traditionally bring the Top Names in the industry, whether it was Robert Kirkman of the Walking Dead, Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, Greg Capullo and others in the years past. Jim Lee and our upcoming announcement is no different.

Comparing this show to other genre shows in the area is comparing apples and oranges. While we do offer a fantastic Kid's Day, and activities that can indeed appeal to a broader audience, we don't stray from our mission. If you are looking for best names in comics, come to our show. If you are looking for great artists for commissions come to our show. If you are looking to shop for best selection of comics from Golden age to present, come to our show. If you are looking for the best independent comic studios, come to our show.

It is my hope that you join us at our show. I'm pleased with the events we have planned in the past two shows we produced in Mesa. The event in Phoenix is going to be our biggest yet.

I look forward to seeing you all at the 2013 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON.

If you want to discuss anything, please feel free to drop me a line off group, directly at INFO (at) AmazingArizonaComicCon (dot) com

best-

Jimmy S. Jay...

Here's the Juice on STAN LEE coming to 2013 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON-

http://amazingarizonacomiccon.com/2012/12/arizona-gets-amazing-with-stan-lee-comic-book-icon-stan-the-man-lee-comes-to-phoenix-for-the-first-comic-con-of-2013/

and yes, there are still more announcements on the way.

Jim Lee and Stan Lee team-up though is hard to beat!

Can't wait to see you all at the show