• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I've contacted the seller....so we'll see what (s)he says

Do I smell hot date? :wink:

OH yeah....definitely!

Let me ask my wife for permission first before I go on a date with another guy from up north :P

When you coming to visit?

There was also a recent May sale for $8,963.

That said it is off white/white....so I'd do a premium of up to around 10K. it'd be hard

Regarding that recent sale May sale, it was a Heritage item. The book had CR/OW

pages and the cover was covered in funky mildew spots = not an attractive book.

Still it garnered nearly 9K. Your 'premium' of 10K for an attractive book with Off White/White pages would probably not be taken seriously by the Seller.

There was also a recent May sale for $8,963.

That said it is off white/white....so I'd do a premium of up to around 10K. it'd be hard

Regarding that recent sale May sale, it was a Heritage item. The book had CR/OW

pages and the cover was covered in funky mildew spots = not an attractive book.

Still it garnered nearly 9K. Your 'premium' of 10K for an attractive book with Off White/White pages would probably not be taken seriously by the Seller.

Didn't know that, and it's hard to judge just from the GPA since it doesn't incorporate PQ. That said the book IS worth a premium for said PQ. What that premium should be I can't say for certain....is it worth 12K? Maybe but that'll largely depend on whether or not other stuff comes out of the woodworks. Heck it just got slabbed 2 months ago, so maybe....must maybe there are a few more waiting in the wings. Sometimes someone just wants to cash out and isn't holding on until all the chips come in so it's hard to determine what the seller would let it go for honestly. Your presumption is at least as good as mine.

Wasn't trying to be insulting to the unknown seller. Just being aware of recent sales. If it isn't worth 12K now, it WILL be sooner or later if that's any consolation. :)

.is it worth 12K? Maybe but that'll largely depend on whether or not other stuff comes out of the woodworks. Heck it just got slabbed 2 months ago, so maybe....must maybe there are a few more waiting in the wings.

This BB28 environment reminds me of the Showcase 22 environment a few years ago.

Lots of SC22's came out of the woodwork but not many in a grade above 6.0. I suspect the same here. Long before CGC and the movies, BB28 and SC22 were always tough to find in grade. This isn't a case like GL76, where high grade copies aplenty came out of the closets. I just don't think it will happen.

Ya know...I misspoke before: the GPA DOES incorporate PQ....but you need to get the CGC serial # and then look it up in the census.....duh. That said, just a quick glance won't give you that info.. You've gotta be a bit more industrious and check things out. But your original point is well taken.

It doesn't matter anyway, because Brock is probably gonna put the sweet moves on that (S)he and snatch the book up for little more than a lap dance and a song. :wink:

Oh I got ya lap dance and a song right here mister!

:banana:

:gossip: ..... for 10 bucks a week I'll promise not to tell your wife..........GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Oh I got ya lap dance and a song right here mister!

:banana:

:gossip: ..... for 10 bucks a week I'll promise not to tell your wife..........GOD BLESS....

Pretty cheap to buy your silence Jim! :P

...... I will also accept authentic Tamales or Enchiladas as payment..... GOD BLESS....

I have a strong feeling this book will continue to grow in price. It's already growing and it's harder to find than most marvel keys. I think Warner brothers is taking their super heroes very seriously and we will see that affect. Imagine if they made an extremely good Flash movie. Would that push showcase 4 up there with AF15? I don't know if it would but would be interesting.

Honestly I believe we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg. I think the situation is unprecedented and it's going to be hard to judge the ceiling or growth precisely. It's going to be very interesting to see develop however.

It would be cool, no doubt. I've always been a big fan of Flash. I think the best rendition of the character's powers came from the hands of Carmine Infantino. He devised a way to portray the Flash moving at super-speed whereby you saw what appeared to be "still images" of the Flash as he moved along, giving the illusion that he was there inside the blur of colors working his magic. No one ever did a better job of portraying the sense of speed that Carmine was able to. I'd love to see them refer to this when they set out to develop the CGI "look"of the Flash traveling along at super-speed. If they can nail that look, they will have a great portrayal of Flash and (if the -script is worth it's snuff) a good movie.

It would be cool, no doubt. I've always been a big fan of Flash. I think the best rendition of the character's powers came from the hands of Carmine Infantino. He devised a way to portray the Flash moving at super-speed whereby you saw what appeared to be "still images" of the Flash as he moved along, giving the illusion that he was there inside the blur of colors working his magic. No one ever did a better job of portraying the sense of speed that Carmine was able to. I'd love to see them refer to this when they set out to develop the CGI "look"of the Flash traveling along at super-speed. If they can nail that look, they will have a great portrayal of Flash and (if the -script is worth it's snuff) a good movie.

Would Quicksilver's role in Avengers 2 dim the glow of any Flash movie?

2 Things: They've already considered that Quicksilver question with relation to two upcoming movies: Avengers 2 and X-Men Days of Future past which will both feature Quicksilver. There's not only discussion of the Flash vs. Quicksilver, but even of competing visions of Quicksilver between the two Marvel offerings.

As far as how Flash or Quicksilver may be portrayed with relation to speed on the big screen there have definitely been some standard ways of depicting these things....for instance on True Blood with vampire speed.....they move quickly like a blur...this is for certain one of the most prominent displays of 'speed' recently. Then of course you have the 'slow down' time for the outside world while whoever is speeding around sees them moving not at all or in slow motion.....like in Heroes or in the Matrix. I'm sure it's going to be a combination of things that we've seen before but hopefully peppered with some new twists. They're going to have to pull an entire Flash movie with whatever CG they decide to go with, so it's gotta be super or it's not going to resound with audiences. Only time will tell.