• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

It would be cool, no doubt. I've always been a big fan of Flash. I think the best rendition of the character's powers came from the hands of Carmine Infantino. He devised a way to portray the Flash moving at super-speed whereby you saw what appeared to be "still images" of the Flash as he moved along, giving the illusion that he was there inside the blur of colors working his magic. No one ever did a better job of portraying the sense of speed that Carmine was able to. I'd love to see them refer to this when they set out to develop the CGI "look"of the Flash traveling along at super-speed. If they can nail that look, they will have a great portrayal of Flash and (if the -script is worth it's snuff) a good movie.

Would Quicksilver's role in Avengers 2 dim the glow of any Flash movie?

Only if Marvel does a better job portraying the character and his super-speed powers.

IMHO that is . . .

It would be cool, no doubt. I've always been a big fan of Flash. I think the best rendition of the character's powers came from the hands of Carmine Infantino. He devised a way to portray the Flash moving at super-speed whereby you saw what appeared to be "still images" of the Flash as he moved along, giving the illusion that he was there inside the blur of colors working his magic. No one ever did a better job of portraying the sense of speed that Carmine was able to. I'd love to see them refer to this when they set out to develop the CGI "look"of the Flash traveling along at super-speed. If they can nail that look, they will have a great portrayal of Flash and (if the -script is worth it's snuff) a good movie.

Would Quicksilver's role in Avengers 2 dim the glow of any Flash movie?

Only if Marvel does a better job portraying the character and his super-speed powers.

IMHO that is . . .

Then X-Men #4 would be the one to get?

If you add in The Scarlet Witch and Magnetos 2nd appearance then that's a whole lotta bang for you buck.

Is X-Men #4 really that lesser than FF #48?

Maybe the SS getting his own run - but, (and I have no idea) who has the most SA Marvel appearances:

Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Magneto or Silver Surfer and Galactus?

Either way, I certainly think that X-Men #4 is a book certain to rise.

I wish I had a better grade than I do!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/man-of-steel-2-will-introduce-wonder-woman-or-a-new-batman

"Man of Steel 2 Will Introduce Wonder Woman or a New Batman"

David S. Goyer is continuing to make the press rounds for Man of Steel.

The screenwriter claimed that Man of Steel 2 would open a floodgate of DC Comics superheroes, and serve as the cause that sets up Justice League.

We will most likely see either a new Batman not associated with the Christopher Nolan universe, or Wonder Woman introduced in this upcoming sequel, which will definitely spring board into both the Untitled Batman Reboot and Justice League. Though, no stand-alone Wonder Woman movie is being discussed at this time.

I don't know, PGX graded books are unreliable maybe, not so pretty either. (shrug)

Oh and TAN pages :idea:

Didn't notice the TAN pages... :tonofbricks:

I hear a lot about PGX, but have never witnessed anything unreliable myself.

Do a lot of people have trouble with them?

I've stayed away from them, so I have no personal experiences.

The stories of books being swapped, and gift grades is the reason why, I stayed away that is.

What Boba said....if I see a PGX I just walk away. Too many bad stories and they usually sell for markedly less than their CGC counterparts in same grade.

Just saw Dark Knight rises again last night.....I just can't get over how much I dislike the movie. I would like to see continuity with the actors in any JLA film, but the way Bale comes across is guttural and stiff. He's not the Batman that's the World's greatest detective and he certainly doesn't strike me as the 'brains' of the JLA. The Batman in comics can go toe to toe with Superman and other members of the JLA.....with him getting whooped so easily by Bane I'd have a hard time letting my suspension of belief kick in regarding that same ability.

They need someone that is articulate, dark and brooding the way Bats has been portrayed in the animated series and movies, as well as in the comics.

That person needs to also be capable of holding their own against the other super-folk be it with brains, brawn or tech. Bale just doesn't do it for me unfortunately.

What Boba said....if I see a PGX I just walk away. Too many bad stories and they usually sell for markedly less than their CGC counterparts in same grade.

Just saw Dark Knight rises again last night.....I just can't get over how much I dislike the movie. I would like to see continuity with the actors in any JLA film, but the way Bale comes across is guttural and stiff. He's not the Batman that's the World's greatest detective and he certainly doesn't strike me as the 'brains' of the JLA. The Batman in comics can go toe to toe with Superman and other members of the JLA.....with him getting whooped so easily by Bane I'd have a hard time letting my suspension of belief kick in regarding that same ability.

They need someone that is articulate, dark and brooding the way Bats has been portrayed in the animated series and movies, as well as in the comics.

That person needs to also be capable of holding their own against the other super-folk be it with brains, brawn or tech. Bale just doesn't do it for me unfortunately.

I agree about Bale 100%. His portrayal of Batman is/was hard to take seriously.

Bats is a tough character to cast and my vote would be to find another unknown. You really have to nail two very different characters: Bruce Wayne and Batman (not such an easy thing to do in the acting world). The vast majority of famous actors to take a swing have missed with gusto. The only thing they have in common is that they ALL talked way too much as Batman.

I suppose though, depending how it gets made, you could just get away with an actor just playing Batman (i.e. no scenes of him as BW). Might be an ideal way to approach it...

PGX feedback is consistent with what I have heard other places.

I wonder what that book would grade if it was re-subbed to CGC. I hear more often than not that PGX grades too low.

The problem is not so much the grades. The problem is missed restoration. Most people who have answered the resub question here say the grades come out about the same. It's the one in 4 or 5 who say their books came back restored that worry me.

I wonder what that book would grade if it was re-subbed to CGC. I hear more often than not that PGX grades too low.

The problem is not so much the grades. The problem is missed restoration. Most people who have answered the resub question here say the grades come out about the same. It's the one in 4 or 5 who say their books came back restored that worry me.

That would be a bummer for sure.

That would be a bummer for sure.

Well based on the selling price for the PGX book, it may have been a favorable wager to buy it and CGC it. If its unrestored, its worth at least 30% more IMO than the sales price.

It wasn't me who bought it though...

Well if that BB28 grades a 4.0 or higher with cgc that's a steal... It's just risky and annoying if it came back from cgc 2.5 of restored lol

Based on my experience, cracked out PGX books have come back with higher grades when subbed to CGC. Then again, I've never had one with resto (or it wasn't caught) so I played with fire and didn't get burned.

It would only take once though...

Well if that BB28 grades a 4.0 or higher with cgc that's a steal... It's just risky and annoying if it came back from cgc 2.5 of restored lol

Based on my experience, cracked out PGX books have come back with higher grades when subbed to CGC. Then again, I've never had one with resto (or it wasn't caught) so I played with fire and didn't get burned.

That's what I thought from the handful of before & after scans I'd seen. There's very little reasoned discourse to be found about CGC's distinguished competition among the universal derision.

Monopolies are a bad thing people...

Do you crack them before you send them?

I guess if I held the book in hand and inspected it, with the idea that there could be something undetectable through the PHX slab, I might under certain circumstances buy one and crack it and resub to CGC. But certainly not with any high-dollar book. In this case I'd rather buy a raw book I can inspect thoroughly then a PGX'd book.