• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

It all depends...

I think this copy went up for sale because the other 8.5 went for $40K - probably as simple as that, rather than thinking the prices will fall back down if the movie doesn't get made. I just don't see the movie NOT being made, its just a matter of when.

Personally, this whole JLA movie has been a pain in the neck for me because I don't care about all the hype and am just trying to put together the best JLA run I can - which has become much more expensive lately due to the movie talk.

Oh well, there's good and bad to the hype in the end I guess.

It all depends...

I think this copy went up for sale because the other 8.5 went for $40K - probably as simple as that, rather than thinking the prices will fall back down if the movie doesn't get made. I just don't see the movie NOT being made, its just a matter of when.

Personally, this whole JLA movie has been a pain in the neck for me because I don't care about all the hype and am just trying to put together the best JLA run I can - which has become much more expensive lately due to the movie talk.

You collect JLA, Brad?

:o

It all depends...

You collect JLA, Brad?

:o

lol

(tsk)

:roflmao:

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/man-of-steel-easter-eggs/

More Supergirl stuff confirmed:

Want something that isn't just fake product placement shoved into the background of the final fight scene? Well, how about Supergirl? This is a tricky one, but try and follow along: Before the film came out, DC Comics published a prequel comic explaining how that Kryptonian seed ship ended up trapped in the Arctic ice floe for the past 20,000 years. It turns out that Superman's distant cousin (ancestor?) Kara Zor-El, better known as Supergirl, piloted that ship. Unfortunately, a rogue killer murdered the rest of the crew in their stasis pods, but Supergirl herself apparently survived the attack — as hinted at by the one empty and open stasis chamber Clark finds when he enters the ship. So did Supergirl die 20,000 years ago? Or did she get back in her pod and emerge much more recently? Or was the lone survivor of the crash actually the Kryptonian serial killer? Looks like we'll have to wait for the sequel to find out.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/man-of-steel/Easter_Eggs

Didn't know about these MOS easters egg at all:

■Right after Superman destroys the Kryptonian vessel, he falls onto an island and there is a girl on a horse. The island is Themyscira and the girl is Diana.

■The Oil Rig scene was one giant reference to Aquaman.The name of the drilling company was Merrevale Oil, which is the same company that drills in Atlantean ground in the comics. When Clark awakens in the water, the whales begin to do a whale call. It is possible the the oil rig was taken down by Aquaman and the whales were signaling that Clark was okay. Also the mission code name for the invasion is "Trident".

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/justice-league-dark-still-waiting-writer-135700466.html

"Justice League Dark still waiting for a writer"

Writer and director Guillermo del Toro reveals that his 'Justice League Dark' movie is still waiting for a writer… but it seems he already has someone in mind.

Bringing groups such as the 'Justice League' to the big screen is no small task… especially given the difficulties that DC have in building a single, cohesive cinematic universe. But when it comes to the 'Justice League Dark' it looks as though Guillermo del Toro has it covered. After revealing that his 'Dark Universe' is in development, it looks as though the celebrated director is still working on that -script… and he's already approached a big-name writer to help out.

"I was doing one more rewrite on the plane here," he told IGN during the Pacific Rim press junket. "We are still waiting for a writer that we like very much and if he says yes, I think people are going to be very happy."

Of course, del Toro has already revealed that this unknown writer is supposedly a big name… but still hasn't revealed who it might be. Probably because they still haven't signed up. But it seems he won't be letting that get him down.

"I enjoy it," he explained. "The great thing about it is it's one of those projects that I love going back and rewriting - there's no down time. They are such great characters and it's character driven."

And when it comes to the characters, it looks as though we're in for a real treat. Having already confirmed that Constantine tis the guy who leads us in and out of the plot' we know that fan favourites such as Swamp Thing, Etrigan, Zatanna and the Floronic Man will appear in this all-new 'Dark Universe'. "We have stuff that those who love the darker side of the DC Universe are going to appreciate," he explained. "And we're trying to be true to the origins of the characters."

"One of the things that is most difficult," he told IGN, "is to deliver the plot and information. Plot and information take about two thirds of the writing time on a big-genre project. In 'Dark Universe' you have a very simple notion of adversity and then it is literally writing the characters. That is the great thing."

"That is what I love about 'The Avengers'," he added. "The way it was written, you can let characters play off each other."

It's an ambitious project and with David S. Goyer's involvement in the DC universe, could we see the 'Man of Steel' and 'The Dark Knight' writer helping out with del Toro's 'Justice League Dark'? It seems like the obvious choice considering his familiarity with the DC properties… but with 'Man of Steel 2' and a possible 'Justice League' movie, I can't help thinking he's going to be a bit too busy. But who else could be in the mix for 'Justice League Dark'? For now, we'll have to wait and see.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/justice-league-dark-still-waiting-writer-135700466.html

"Justice League Dark still waiting for a writer"

Writer and director Guillermo del Toro reveals that his 'Justice League Dark' movie is still waiting for a writer… but it seems he already has someone in mind.

Bringing groups such as the 'Justice League' to the big screen is no small task… especially given the difficulties that DC have in building a single, cohesive cinematic universe. But when it comes to the 'Justice League Dark' it looks as though Guillermo del Toro has it covered. After revealing that his 'Dark Universe' is in development, it looks as though the celebrated director is still working on that -script… and he's already approached a big-name writer to help out.

"I was doing one more rewrite on the plane here," he told IGN during the Pacific Rim press junket. "We are still waiting for a writer that we like very much and if he says yes, I think people are going to be very happy."

Of course, del Toro has already revealed that this unknown writer is supposedly a big name… but still hasn't revealed who it might be. Probably because they still haven't signed up. But it seems he won't be letting that get him down.

"I enjoy it," he explained. "The great thing about it is it's one of those projects that I love going back and rewriting - there's no down time. They are such great characters and it's character driven."

And when it comes to the characters, it looks as though we're in for a real treat. Having already confirmed that Constantine tis the guy who leads us in and out of the plot' we know that fan favourites such as Swamp Thing, Etrigan, Zatanna and the Floronic Man will appear in this all-new 'Dark Universe'. "We have stuff that those who love the darker side of the DC Universe are going to appreciate," he explained. "And we're trying to be true to the origins of the characters."

"One of the things that is most difficult," he told IGN, "is to deliver the plot and information. Plot and information take about two thirds of the writing time on a big-genre project. In 'Dark Universe' you have a very simple notion of adversity and then it is literally writing the characters. That is the great thing."

"That is what I love about 'The Avengers'," he added. "The way it was written, you can let characters play off each other."

It's an ambitious project and with David S. Goyer's involvement in the DC universe, could we see the 'Man of Steel' and 'The Dark Knight' writer helping out with del Toro's 'Justice League Dark'? It seems like the obvious choice considering his familiarity with the DC properties… but with 'Man of Steel 2' and a possible 'Justice League' movie, I can't help thinking he's going to be a bit too busy. But who else could be in the mix for 'Justice League Dark'? For now, we'll have to wait and see.

I would suspect that the Justice League movie will be made way before Justice League Dark, plus del Toro a year ago was bragging that he was making a Hulk TV series for ABC, so in other words we could be waiting a long time for Justice League Dark. 2c

I would suspect that the Justice League movie will be made way before Justice League Dark, plus del Toro a year ago was bragging that he was making a Hulk TV series for ABC, so in other words we could be waiting a long time for Justice League Dark. 2c

Yep. Agreed that the timetables may be off.....BUT the cool message here is that there's even more DCCU to look forward to....and that they're attempting to make it all occur in the same shared universe. del Toro obviously has a passion for the subject material and I don't think you'd find a better or more suitable individual for the task. He's DC's answer to Marvel's phase 3.

It would be more logical of course to tease these characters in a JLA movie or any of the upcoming MOS or Batman reboots, but I'd like to see what del Toro has cooked up.

Either way I see things crystalizing even more FTF.

http_comics_gpanalysis_com_gpaforcomics_data_P.jpg

Another boardie colleague brought this to my attention this a.m....

BB 28 in 6.0 selling for record high of $7800 on July 12.

Just think, last year you could have had it for a steal between $2500 and $2605....which was down from the prior year's high of $3500.

Insane in the membrane....insane in the brain! :)

I'd rather sell it here, but a few said it was priced too ambitious and it sat.

It's on c-link, but I'd pull it down in a heartbeat, if anyone here wanted it.

It's $2+ south of the latest sale on GPA :eyeroll:

I doubt it sold at that price as I'm pretty sure the buyer would've used the best offer option.

Not necessarily...you'd be surprised how many buyers hit the BIN with complete disregard of the "offer" option.

No comment on that. But let's just say GPA data isn't always accurate.

I doubt it sold at that price as I'm pretty sure the buyer would've used the best offer option.

Not necessarily...you'd be surprised how many buyers hit the BIN with complete disregard of the "offer" option.

No comment on that. But let's just say GPA data isn't always accurate.

It's not on slabhunter and I couldn't find it on Greg's site - so maybe that's the one.