• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Joker covers are certainly not a waste, I would imagine, but the good news is I think you probably still have time to get in under the big increases that are yet to come. At least that's what I hope. :wishluck:

Some interesting Bats vs. Supes movie teasing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/batman-superman-movie-warner-bros-announces-2013-7

Holy sequels, Batman.

Warner Bros. surprised everyone at Comic-Con today announcing a Batman / Superman movie in 2015.

"Man of Steel" actor Harry Lennix opened the panel quoting a line from Frank Miller's 1989 comic "The Dark Knight Returns" in which Bats says the iconic line:

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come. In all your private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder then took the stage revealing the following logo:

batman-superman-logo.jpeg

According to a press release from Warner Bros., the dynamic team of David S. Goyer, Christopher Nolan, and Snyder will join forces again to bring Supes and the new Batman to the big screen.

Here's the statement released from Warner Bros.:

On the heels of the worldwide success of "Man of Steel," director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way." Kroll added, "We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel' is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us."

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, "Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe."

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, "I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, "Whilst our ‘Dark Knight' trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack's fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can't wait to see what Zack does with these characters."

BTW: Check out that link, there's a video that shows them rolling out the logo with the Lennix read beforehand :)

SparkleCity has a nice looking 6.0 OW that's up for bid...it's four days out and it's already up to $3250.00 on 16 bidders

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350847339717?afsrc=1

There's a 4.0 WHITE pager that presents really well on the Bay also...

7 Hours left and it's up to $1600 on 26 bids.

In 2012 it peaked at around $1725.00. Wonder what this one will go for?

Is someone going to steal it for under the peak? Or is this one going to set new highs....it's pretty close.

The white pages kinda took me by surprise with the lower graded one. It also looks like it's a prime candidate for press and resub. There are definitely a few NCBTs that could be pressed out. Was just graded in May 2013.

When Greg Reece has 4.0's in CR/OW for 4K it makes that one a real contender!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121149774207?afsrc=1

It also looks like it's a prime candidate for press and resub. There are definitely a few NCBTs that could be pressed out.

I doubt it would help the grade.

Also knowing the seller I would speculate that it's already been pressed to hell

Stated it was in the thread ;) and in the Ebay listing lol

Edited by iceman399

It also looks like it's a prime candidate for press and resub. There are definitely a few NCBTs that could be pressed out.

I doubt it would help the grade.

Also knowing the seller I would speculate that it's already been pressed to hell

Stated it was in the thread ;) and in the Ebay listing lol

doh!!! I didn't bother reading the subtext!!!! lol. I can only deal with pictures....LMAO!

Oh well, GLWTS! Hopefully this thread gave y'all a bump.

Shouldn't one assume that any key book stabbed in the last 6-12 months has been pressed?

Especially "hot" books?

I guess it's a bigger possibility than not...but that said: not everyone believes in pressing so there may be a few folks that don't opt to do so.

Shouldn't one assume that any key book stabbed in the last 6-12 months has been pressed?

Especially "hot" books?

I guess it's a bigger possibility than not...but that said: not everyone believes in pressing so there may be a few folks that don't opt to do so.

What, like people don't believe in Santa Clause, Jack Frost or "the Queen of England?"

Edited by rfoiii

Especially "hot" books?

What, like people don't believe in Santa Clause, Jack Frost or "the Queen of England?"

Some folks hate on pressing and think it's restoration...which technically it does restore the comic to a better condition...so I guess they're not wrong.

However, restoration has a bad connotation because of the non-universal status it leaves the comic in. Pressing has always dodged the bullet with that however and the CGC doesn't view it (when done properly) as official restoration like leaf casting, wet-cleaning, etc.

And FTR: I believe in Santa Claus. :)

I guess that sale could have been even better in terms of $, but that said it is now visible and can be used as a benchmark for future sales.

Especially "hot" books?

Some folks hate on pressing and think it's restoration...which technically it does restore the comic to a better condition...so I guess they're not wrong.

However, restoration has a bad connotation because of the non-universal status it leaves the comic in. Pressing has always dodged the bullet with that however and the CGC doesn't view it (when done properly) as official restoration like leaf casting, wet-cleaning, etc.

And FTR: I believe in Santa Claus. :)

I guess that sale could have been even better in terms of $, but that said it is now visible and can be used as a benchmark for future sales.

Yeah, pressing is funny. In my opinion it really is an unfortunate trend overall. It has wreaked havoc on the census the past few years with a number of people losing big money as big books have gotten quickly upgraded. And it sure does add to the silliness on the Bay.

CGC would probably classify it as restoration if they could 100% prove that it happened.

FYI - I too believe in the magic of Christmas. It just isn't fun without the fat man in a red suit!

Pretty good price...but not as strong as I thought it would be...

Funny thing is Rich probably could have sold that book here for $1900 and saved himself $100 :insane:

You're right. I think a 2K price on the Boards would have been scooped up in record time. The Boards love the latest hot books.

Ending post heritage might have hurt ? I just bought a 4.0 not as nice as this one for 2K+ but my buying coffer post heritage is tapped so I really couldn't aggressively bid

Freaked me out this morning when I started reading the emails generated from this watched thread, I thought I might have won me a Brave & Bold #28. I guess that wasn't a bad price for a 4.0. I thought with the white pages it might go higher, but a new GPA high for the grade isn't too bad.

Freaked me out this morning when I started reading the emails generated from this watched thread, I thought I might have won me a Brave & Bold #28. I guess that wasn't a bad price for a 4.0. I thought with the white pages it might go higher, but a new GPA high for the grade isn't too bad.

The price wasn't bad...but it wasn't stellar. I think many people expected to see the final hammer shatter the GPA high, but it did not.

Probably will end up being a bargain at some point...with the white pages and all!

The price wasn't bad...but it wasn't stellar. I think many people expected to see the final hammer shatter the GPA high, but it did not.

Probably will end up being a bargain at some point...with the white pages and all!

Pardon, it may be me, but wasn't the GPA high in fact surpassed?

(1) $2,076Hi

Aug-04-2013 $2,076 Cert# 0006460011

(6) $1,725Hi $1,130Lo

Nov-28-2012 $1,725 Cert# 1109121005

Jul-15-2012 $1,434 Cert# 0916829004

Jul-08-2012 $1,135 Cert# 0916812005

May-20-2012 $1,158 Cert# 0940578002

May-13-2012 $1,130