• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

lol, i just sold a 4.5 for $3,750.

(tsk)

I almost had a deal!

I guess I did alot better than I thought. lol

I'm glad I didn't miss the boat on this book.

Sell now before it leaves the dock!

hm

There are bb28 in the room not selling for more so I am very happy with the sale (thumbs u

Typical of DC collectors--they talk the talk but rarely walk the walk.

lol, i just sold a 4.5 for $3,750.

(tsk)

I almost had a deal!

I guess I did alot better than I thought. lol

I'm glad I didn't miss the boat on this book.

Sell now before it leaves the dock!

hm

If I had a copy I would sell it as well since its a hot item.. But if you are keeping it for your collection, than just hang on to it

There are bb28 in the room not selling for more so I am very happy with the sale (thumbs u

I take exception to that comment. With fewer of them, it's not surprising that you don't get the frequency of sales, especially at conventions where prices tend to me throttled-up a tad to capture the impulse buyers. I've rarely ever gotten a book I needed for a bargain at a convention. But it's a heck of a lot of fun to do it when you do.

There's less of us, and fewer books to choose from. So maybe because of that we're a little more selective about what we buy and what pay for it.

I take exception to that comment. With fewer of them, it's not surprising that you don't get the frequency of sales, especially at conventions where prices tend to me throttled-up a tad to capture the impulse buyers. I've rarely ever gotten a book I needed for a bargain at a convention. But it's a heck of a lot of fun to do it when you do.

There's less of us, and fewer books to choose from. So maybe because of that we're a little more selective about what we buy and what pay for it.

My point is that the general gist of this thread is that the price of B&B 28 is skyrocketing and you literally can`t pay enough for it. But when copies are actually available for sale, there`s only the sound of crickets from all the B&B 28 cheerleaders.

My point is that the general gist of this thread is that the price of B&B 28 is skyrocketing and you literally can`t pay enough for it. But when copies are actually available for sale, there`s only the sound of crickets from all the B&B 28 cheerleaders.

:juggle:

No crickets here fella - all sold :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=305909&Number=6845273#Post6845273

No crickets here fella - all sold :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=305909&Number=6845273#Post6845273

Congrats, glad you found someone who could actually put their money where there mouth was. (thumbs u

Exactly, I have been waiting for a Flash movie for a long time. It's about time they made a movie. If its good then maybe his comics will finally rise up. The only issue is there isn't many showcase 4s out there. It isn't like AF15 in numbers. Would be interesting to see price increase.

Exactly, I have been waiting for a Flash movie for a long time. It's about time they made a movie. If its good then maybe his comics will finally rise up. The only issue is there isn't many showcase 4s out there. It isn't like AF15 in numbers. Would be interesting to see price increase.

This is a concern to me as well. Will a limited supply turn away new buyers and leave speculators with flat prices?

The early flash app (showcase 8, 13, 14) will also go up in value, as well as flash 105, iv been eyeing a copy for a while and it's time to buy buy buy. But also, won't the news of the possible BB28 movie being pushed back to 2017 maybe hurt the short term market value as now the movie is yet to come or will it still increase in value like now?

Probably hurt it a little because its a long time. You have plenty of time to Cherry pick a copy. You have less time to pick up Flash comics than BB28. It's crazy how DC is finally going to pick up. The thing about DC is that the books are harder to find. It might drive up prices it might not. Like the recent Green lantern movie. It pushed up prices then severely dropped. The same goes to Flash. If the movie ultimately sucks...same effect? Hopefully that's not the case. They should reboot Green lantern. It's actually a good story. They just need a better crew (director & actors)

True it's a long wait, but B&B#28 was so ridiculously under valued it was due for a correction anyways. I mean the prices you could have bought a half-decent middle-grade copy for just a few short years ago, in hindsight were insanely low. I wish I had bought a few, but I'm not really a speculator when it comes down to it.

I don't see a huge slide back in price. I think it'll settle down a bit and maybe stabilize somewhere just below current highs for a while. I do suggest you get a copy in the next year or so. But do it before the JLA movie premieres, thats for darned sure. ;)