• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

And people thought I was crazy.....

Well they're right about that, but I was right about BB28 :wink:

Well if you follow movies this makes sense. The justice league is the biggest hero team of all time. X men or avengers are no where near as popular as Batman or Superman. Now if you place the most popular heros in the same movie...wow you get something very special.

Alright, I'll just put it out there....

I bet most of the usual contributors to this thread were equally as disgusted or paralyzed with fear over WB/DC's choice of Batman for it's upcoming films...

Ben Affleck?

Comeon man.....you've gotta be kidding me!

Oh well. I guess only time will tell how things will turn out with their choice.

I suppose they were looking for a well known actor similiar to Marvel's choice of Downey Jr. for Iron Man.

But Affleck?! Who's did he have to suck to get the cowl?

I know, I saw it coming when I heard the news. But to be honest with you, he has really redeemed himself with the last few flicks he's been associated with, so maybe not a bad choice after all. Time will tell. Also, consider the cache' he brings to the role, with no less than 2 academy awards under his belt, and he's donning a superhero costume - a DC one at that.

Yeah Bob-a....I hear you loud and clear on that....but I still think there are MUCH better choices out there....

He wasn't even mentioned in the running...only rumors about being behind the lens on JLA and even he dismissed anything relating to that.

It's such a 180 that it's a bit unbelievable. I have to think there's some nepotism involved.....he's gotta be in with some of the WB execs...or they owe him or something since Argo.

I still can't see him as the mastermind and brains behind the JLA but I guess the card has already been dealt.

BTW: just take a look at the overall reaction of the community at large....folks going ape trying to get Affleck bounced by having petitions signed. The backlash is pretty amazing.

If anything he better hear the fans loud and clear on that point and get the character straightened out before he utters one word on screen.

Please God, don't let Ben Affleck ruin the Justice League. You owe us for Ryan Reynolds already....

Yeah Bob-a....I hear you loud and clear on that....but I still think there are MUCH better choices out there....

He wasn't even mentioned in the running...only rumors about being behind the lens on JLA and even he dismissed anything relating to that.

It's such a 180 that it's a bit unbelievable. I have to think there's some nepotism involved.....he's gotta be in with some of the WB execs...or they owe him or something since Argo.

I still can't see him as the mastermind and brains behind the JLA but I guess the card has already been dealt.

BTW: just take a look at the overall reaction of the community at large....folks going ape trying to get Affleck bounced by having petitions signed. The backlash is pretty amazing.

If anything he better hear the fans loud and clear on that point and get the character straightened out before he utters one word on screen.

Please God, don't let Ben Affleck ruin the Justice League. You owe us for Ryan Reynolds already....

lol

Aaaaaaannnddddd......demand and value of BB #28 is practically gone. I am so frustrated about this move.

lol

Aaaaaaannnddddd......demand and value of BB #28 is practically gone. I am so frustrated about this move.

hm hm

Who is selling their BB28s now? I'm happy to entertain buying them. Thanks.

lol. I doubt the value is going to tank based upon that announcement alone. Nonetheless, I'm disgusted personally about their choice but am hopeful it won't be a train wreck.

The hype alone leading up to the movie is still going to see a surge in prices and we've got quite a few years for the comic to 'naturally' appreciate (ie-the type of growth that would happen on a Silver age comic that's fairly rare in high grades without hype).

How much is that 8.0 ow/w going for BTW?

Let's remember the sneering when It was announced Heath Ledger was going to play the joker and how that worked out. I think if it happens Ben is going to bring his A game. But who knows, he may back out of playing the role if the fan uproar over him being cast is intense enough.

I am roaring all right, but I doubt Affleck will care. Of course the price for BB #28 won't drop that fast and easy but there will definitely be hesitation now and prices will rise with reluctance if at all. 8.0+ copies will still go for high prices but most likely not to the extend of the former potential if they had not casted Affleck for the role of Batman. Personally I am willing to risk a lot less buying a high grade copy of BB #28 now than I did before. This feeling will probably remain until they come up with the first teaser/ trailer. If that goes well, I am sure prices will boom forward. If the trailer goes GL/ DD style...

I am roaring all right, but I doubt Affleck will care. Of course the price for BB #28 won't drop that fast and easy but there will definitely be hesitation now and prices will rise with reluctance if at all. 8.0+ copies will still go for high prices but most likely not to the extend of the former potential if they had not casted Affleck for the role of Batman. Personally I am willing to risk a lot less buying a high grade copy of BB #28 now than I did before. This feeling will probably remain until they come up with the first teaser/ trailer. If that goes well, I am sure prices will boom forward. If the trailer goes GL/ DD style...

I really think this is a little extreme - sure, some comic enthusiasts will be disappointed (part of me thinks this would happen regardless of choice for Batman), but if the movie does $1B at the box office, you think the residual affect on associated collectibles will be negative?

I really don't like posting in this thread (because I have personal biases about the book and own several copies), but I really think this choice will HELP the franchise, not hurt it. Ben's star right now is sky high with Argo.

But hey, this is the speculation thread, where anything can happen! what happens in the "BB28: speculation on future pricing" thread, stays in the "BB28: speculation on future pricing" thread

I really think this is a little extreme - sure, some comic enthusiasts will be disappointed (part of me thinks this would happen regardless of choice for Batman), but if the movie does $1B at the box office, you think the residual affect on associated collectibles will be negative?

I really don't like posting in this thread (because I have personal biases about the book and own several copies), but I really think this choice will HELP the franchise, not hurt it. Ben's star right now is sky high with Argo.

But hey, this is the speculation thread, where anything can happen! what happens in the "BB28: speculation on future pricing" thread, stays in the "BB28: speculation on future pricing" thread

Don't get me wrong. If the movie does well...heck, even if they get the trailer right BB #28 will shoot up in price like crazy. Until they come up with something good though my enthusiasm will be quite reserved.

As I already mentioned to a friend on the boards, I don't argue that Ben Affleck is a great actor. I really liked "The Town" and he was good in "Argo". I share the opinion of a tweet I read that says: " I don't want to hate an actor that I like for ruining Batman". I do believe however that not everyone is cut out for every role. While Downey seems to be the best cast for Iron Man, he would probably make a horrible Batman.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes out of this. I definitely hope to be proven dead wrong as I don't see a future for other DC superhero movies if this flops (and I really want to see WW, Flash and an excellent GL on the big screen)

I wouldn't worry our opinions will sway the market or anything, there's like 6 of us posting here regularly :gossip:

I wouldn't worry our opinions will sway the market or anything, there's like 6 of us posting here regularly :gossip:

The influence of this board is surprising.

Edited by The-Collector

Let's remember the sneering when It was announced Heath Ledger was going to play the joker and how that worked out. I think if it happens Ben is going to bring his A game. But who knows, he may back out of playing the role if the fan uproar over him being cast is intense enough.

I doubt if Affleck will back out. I think all of this publicity is good for the project, in the same way fan uproar over Michael Keaton ended up bringing millions of dollars of free publicity to the 1989 Batman movie. All of this interest bodes well for audience interest in this flick.