• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I think that's what Brock priced his at when he first posted it.

He keeps pulling it down, as it keeps rising above his ask.

Correct. About 4 to 5 days before the Heritage 6.0 sold, I priced mine for $4500. If I recall correctly, I didn't even get an offer.

The HA sold for $4800 and since then, three copies have sold for $7800, $6000 and $6400

So yeah.. :banana:

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Or how about Howard the Duck :P

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/1/disneypixar-and-marvel-announce-a-new-howard-the-duck-movie.html

"DISNEY/PIXAR & MARVEL ANNOUNCE A NEW HOWARD THE DUCK MOVIE"

PixarHoward.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures, in association with Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Studios, has announced its first major animated venture into the Marvel Universe: Howard the Duck, to be directed by Academy Award-winner Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc. and Up). Michael Chabon (John Carter) and Academy Award-nominee Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, upcoming Phineas and Ferb) have been hired to write the film. Most fans revile the original 1986 film featuring Lea Thompson and Jeffrey Jones, though this version is said to not have any ties towards it. "If it wasn't for the financial trouble following the aftermath of Howard the Duck, Pixar might never have been sold to Steve Jobs and become what it is today," said Docter. "In that spirit, we feel it's only fitting for us to come back to Howard." Disney notoriously threatened legal action against Marvel for Howard's resemblance to Donald Duck; it seems, after Marvel was bought out by Disney, that all has been forgiven. The voice cast announced with the project features Seth Rogen as Howard, Katy Perry as Beverly Switzler and Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson. Rogen said in a statement, "Growing up, 'Howard the Duck' was one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. To play him now in a Pixar movie is beyond my wildest dreams. Howard the Duck is gonna be a really wild and wacky adventure." The film is scheduled for a late 2014 release date. Is Pixar ready to create the world that Howard never made?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/04/lucasfilm-and-marvel-to-reboot-howard.html

"Lucasfilm and Marvel to reboot Howard the Duck for Disney"

If you thought Walt Disney Pictures had plenty on its slate with Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the forthcoming Star Wars sequel trilogy, then think again. Having forked out a combined $8 billion to acquire Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd over the past couple of years, Disney is now now looking to capitalise on its investment by bringing the two companies together for a live-action reboot of the cult 80s comic book adaptation Howard the Duck.

"With development now firmly underway on Star Wars: Episode VII, we feel the time is right to explore further opportunities within the Lucasfilm portfolio," said Disney CEO Bob Iger during the studio's annual Investor Easter Egg Hunt as Disneyland yesterday. "Howard the Duck is a beloved character with a rich history in Marvel's comic book world, so it makes perfect sense that he takes center stage in our first co-production between Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios."

Created by Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik, Howard the Duck made his first appearance in Adventure into Fear #19 in 1973 and by 1976 he was heading up his own series. This brought him to the attention of George Lucas, who originally planned to develop an animated adaptation before finally settling on a live-action version in 1986. Panned by fans and critics alike, the resulting film was a notorious box office flop, although it has since went on to earn a special place in the annals of cult cinema.

"Howard the Duck was the first Marvel adaptation to reach the big screen and now he's set to become an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe," said Marvel Studios' president of production Kevin Feige. "While our focus for Phase Two is mainly to build upon The Avengers with Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Phase Three will see us exploring new avenues and directions as we look to enrich that universe. We are confident that Howard the Duck will make a fine addition to our Phase Three line-up alongside the likes of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange."

Although there has been no official word on a release date for the Howard the Duck reboot, it's thought that the new movie will arrive in 2016, coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the original.

Or how about Howard the Duck :P

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/1/disneypixar-and-marvel-announce-a-new-howard-the-duck-movie.html

"DISNEY/PIXAR & MARVEL ANNOUNCE A NEW HOWARD THE DUCK MOVIE"

PixarHoward.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures, in association with Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Studios, has announced its first major animated venture into the Marvel Universe: Howard the Duck, to be directed by Academy Award-winner Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc. and Up). Michael Chabon (John Carter) and Academy Award-nominee Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, upcoming Phineas and Ferb) have been hired to write the film. Most fans revile the original 1986 film featuring Lea Thompson and Jeffrey Jones, though this version is said to not have any ties towards it. "If it wasn't for the financial trouble following the aftermath of Howard the Duck, Pixar might never have been sold to Steve Jobs and become what it is today," said Docter. "In that spirit, we feel it's only fitting for us to come back to Howard." Disney notoriously threatened legal action against Marvel for Howard's resemblance to Donald Duck; it seems, after Marvel was bought out by Disney, that all has been forgiven. The voice cast announced with the project features Seth Rogen as Howard, Katy Perry as Beverly Switzler and Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson. Rogen said in a statement, "Growing up, 'Howard the Duck' was one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. To play him now in a Pixar movie is beyond my wildest dreams. Howard the Duck is gonna be a really wild and wacky adventure." The film is scheduled for a late 2014 release date. Is Pixar ready to create the world that Howard never made?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/04/lucasfilm-and-marvel-to-reboot-howard.html

"Lucasfilm and Marvel to reboot Howard the Duck for Disney"

If you thought Walt Disney Pictures had plenty on its slate with Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the forthcoming Star Wars sequel trilogy, then think again. Having forked out a combined $8 billion to acquire Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd over the past couple of years, Disney is now now looking to capitalise on its investment by bringing the two companies together for a live-action reboot of the cult 80s comic book adaptation Howard the Duck.

"With development now firmly underway on Star Wars: Episode VII, we feel the time is right to explore further opportunities within the Lucasfilm portfolio," said Disney CEO Bob Iger during the studio's annual Investor Easter Egg Hunt as Disneyland yesterday. "Howard the Duck is a beloved character with a rich history in Marvel's comic book world, so it makes perfect sense that he takes center stage in our first co-production between Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios."

Created by Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik, Howard the Duck made his first appearance in Adventure into Fear #19 in 1973 and by 1976 he was heading up his own series. This brought him to the attention of George Lucas, who originally planned to develop an animated adaptation before finally settling on a live-action version in 1986. Panned by fans and critics alike, the resulting film was a notorious box office flop, although it has since went on to earn a special place in the annals of cult cinema.

"Howard the Duck was the first Marvel adaptation to reach the big screen and now he's set to become an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe," said Marvel Studios' president of production Kevin Feige. "While our focus for Phase Two is mainly to build upon The Avengers with Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Phase Three will see us exploring new avenues and directions as we look to enrich that universe. We are confident that Howard the Duck will make a fine addition to our Phase Three line-up alongside the likes of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange."

Although there has been no official word on a release date for the Howard the Duck reboot, it's thought that the new movie will arrive in 2016, coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the original.

April Fool!!

I had my 4.0 priced at 2500 in Chicago. Got a few looks but no bites

The right buyers weren't around :( I always wonder who the people who pay these top prices at heritage are. I would love to sell then a few books. lol

Having an online auction is always going to attract more folks with greater interest than a singular con in one city. There's simply more accessibility and greater visibility. Cons to me are a blur of color, sight and sound....I'm often bumbling around from booth to booth.....there are tons of boxes to sift through and I'm sure there are gems but they aren't always easy to find in the mayhem.

Of course there are slabs on the walls and back displays, but I generally feel most folks filter them as decor.

With online auctions and places like eBay you can find what you want rather easily and pull the trigger. Besides; auctions tend to fuel alot of competitive bids...so higher prices can be realized. I think individuals at cons are looking for "deals" and aren't as subject to the auction fever.