• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I hope the Plastic Man rumors turn out to be true.....I think Tennant would be a great addition to the cast and he'd certainly class things up.

That said, I'm jubilant that the Bieber rumors are unfounded....he was pulling everyone's chain apparently on the heels of the Affleck outrage.

If that little d-bag had been officially cast, I think I would have rolled up on WB with guns blazing. I'm sure it's going to be roller coaster ride of who's cast next so I'm gonna get a -script for Xanax or whatever and keep my self chemically restrained for the time being.

I don't think I could handle an announcement that Miley Cyrus twerked her way into the role of Batgirl.

I would be extremely annoyed if Miley Cyrus was Batgirl...on a personal note I don't really like plastic man. Sadly he doesn't have many fans. I feel they should keep away from comedy so it isn't similar to Avengers. Make JLA a serious movie. The Dark Knight was a serious movie it didn't need laughs (other than joker laughing) everything was serious drama/action.

I hope the Plastic Man rumors turn out to be true.....I think Tennant would be a great addition to the cast and he'd certainly class things up.

That said, I'm jubilant that the Bieber rumors are unfounded....he was pulling everyone's chain apparently on the heels of the Affleck outrage.

If that little d-bag had been officially cast, I think I would have rolled up on WB with guns blazing. I'm sure it's going to be roller coaster ride of who's cast next so I'm gonna get a -script for Xanax or whatever and keep my self chemically restrained for the time being.

I don't think I could handle an announcement that Miley Cyrus twerked her way into the role of Batgirl.

I would be extremely annoyed if Miley Cyrus was Batgirl...on a personal note I don't really like plastic man. Sadly he doesn't have many fans. I feel they should keep away from comedy so it isn't similar to Avengers. Make JLA a serious movie. The Dark Knight was a serious movie it didn't need laughs (other than joker laughing) everything was serious drama/action.

+1

So tell me what you dislike about Plastic Man.....why so much hate for the character?

It's absolutely true he's a second tier hero at best...but he's been utilized in many great capacities...especially in Morrison's run on the JLA.

You know that WB is going to deliberately inject humor somewhere into the franchise.....they were so harshly criticized about the lack of humor with relation to the DK trilogy and MOS that I'd find it hard to believe they aren't going to assuage the critics with a healthy dose at some point.

Looking for humor from established characters that we're fairly familiar with and ones that have been established on screen isn't going to happen simply because it'd lack continuity and be incongruent. It would appear 'forced'.

That said, if a character is introduced that fans have less familiarity with and is known for their somewhat offbeat humor it wouldn't be as inappropriate and could serve as the formulaic 'comedy relief'.

Take into consideration the ongoing discussion about the upcoming Ant-man movie and its' comedic untertones and its' character's relationship to the Avengers....I definitely see WB taking a similar development track.

The same goes for ethnic blending of their cast. The falcon is most assuredly Marvel's answer to where the color has gone. Black Panther will eventually be developed into a stand alone movie or will be integrated into another such as the Avengers 3 or even FF.

I've already said that Cyborg or J. Stewart GL will be WB's response to the lack of a colorful human cast. Where's the humor on the JLA end? Is it the Flash? A few quips from Green Arrow? Possibly....but I see them actively attempting to develop a larger DCCU...and with that most probably the inclusion of second and third tier characters...possibly stimulating more interest from a younger generation and potentiating on the small screen...such as with animation. They've been trying to get a standalone Plastic Man show back on the air for years without much success.....only to be relegated to a short on Saturdays.

DC/WB doesn't really make it a huge secret who they want to develop and showcase...they've been pretty transparent simply with what they've already brought to the small screen......how that translates to the cinema I guess we'll see in time. I do think Tennant is a great actor....loved his run on Dr. Who and IMO he's been the best doctor since Patrick Troughton. I could see him doing PM.

I'd be far more interested in a Plastic-Man movie than a JLA movie, but I'm no doubt in the minority on that one.

I read this about a year ago, and it changed my opinion of Plastic Man. It was up there with Eisner`s Spirit. Plastic Man by Jack Cole is awesome!

Plastic_Man_Archives_Vol_1_1.jpg

And that's not even Cole's best. Like Eisner on the Spirit, Cole's Plastic-man peaks after he'd been doing it a few years.

but Plastic Man is Reed Richards and we have all seen and been underwhelmed by the stretching thing. I wouldnt think Warners would opt for a remake of another superhero SFX for fear of looking like they copies Marvel at this stage.

and even if you told everyone out there that Plastic Man came first, it would work only as well as telling them that Burroughs created nearly all scifi adventure genre themes and conventions DECADES before Star Wars. They tried that marketing angle --- and look how well it worked..

Plastic Man isn't really Reed Richards...he's not a brilliant super-scientist heading up a team of super-heros.

He's a wisecracking ex-criminal gone good. Reed doesn't really taunt the folks he captures or turn himself into innocuous looking items to disguise himself like a mailbox or a lamp post.....

I get that they have similar powers, but that's about where the similarities end.

I'm not sure a movie would be a good idea, but why not a TV series? Make it a hard boiled detective show where the main character just happens to have the ability to stretch. Easy special effects and someone creative could do wonders with it....

I think I have seen that show. Isn't it called inspector gadget?

I'm not sure a movie would be a good idea, but why not a TV series? Make it a hard boiled detective show where the main character just happens to have the ability to stretch. Easy special effects and someone creative could do wonders with it....

I think I have seen that show. Isn't it called inspector gadget?

Hey they made a movie for Inspector Gadget! Did $97m on a $90m budget. :eek:

And I was thinking quite a bit more hard boiled than that...