• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help on what to do with comics and page ripples...

12 posts in this topic

I received a order i placed from Midtown today, and my copies of bedlam are kinda bad, and the only copy of happy i could get isnt much better... I know i can try and complain, and either get my money back ( Hopefully ) or hopefully find a way to fix these somehow and keep them. Overall besides the ripples / waves the comics look good and sharp corners , decent spine. Any info or advice would be great , i included scans as well.

P.S. And i also wonder if these where sent in to get graded , how bad would they score with the waviness ?? 9.4 , 9.2 ??

Happy_FrontScan.jpg

Bedlam_Scan_Front_CopyB.jpg

Bedlam_Scan_Front_CopyA.jpg

Can tell how wavy they are from the scans so can't really hazard a guess. I can give you an anecdote of a book I was looking to buy that presented as a solid 9.4 but was very slightly wavy throughout and received a 9.0.

I would complain and see what is offered to me in recompense, then decide what to do.

The waves won't kill the grades on these books, the large color breaks will. Bad creasing and deep indents lend me to believe the books were manhandled.

Maybe 9.0 in the example you show, maybe.

Stores are not obliged to sell you perfect copies, unless Midtown has terms to the contrary. They get what they get, and they spread them around. Diamond wouldn't consider that a major defect, so they're not taking it back. If the store accepts a return, it's out of good faith, not because they have to.

I don't know what caused the bend on Happy, but the Bedlams were probably bent at Diamond going into the shipping box. Indy titles are tough that way, since there are fewer issues distributed to each store, and a thin stack is easy to mishandle.

Can't see the defects on the copy of Happy. As Joeypost notes, the real problem grade wise is all the color breaking creases on the two Bedlams.

I'd expect new books to look a lot nicer than this. Asking for your money back is completely reasonable.

Can't see the defects on the copy of Happy. As Joeypost notes, the real problem grade wise is all the color breaking creases on the two Bedlams.

I'd expect new books to look a lot nicer than this. Asking for your money back is completely reasonable.

(thumbs u

It's wine, man. Quality wine. :cloud9:

You must be rich or something, drinking Ripple. Down here we have to settle for Thunderbird

Thunderbirdbottlevancouver1.jpg

Nice to see the Dice Girl back. I was going to ask if I could have her if you weren't going to use her anymore.

It's wine, man. Quality wine. :cloud9:

You must be rich or something, drinking Ripple. Down here we have to settle for Thunderbird

Thunderbirdbottlevancouver1.jpg

Nice to see the Dice Girl back. I was going to ask if I could have her if you weren't going to use her anymore.

.....Tequila with a nice MD2020 chaser......topped off with a big block high performance muscle car :cloud9: ....takes me back to High School in North Carolina.....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u