• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is too much tape?

26 posts in this topic

lol I have seen this quite a few times...

I have found a better... and cheaper way... plastic wrap works great to keep them together, then use cardboard outside the plastic wrap. Only need to tape the cardboard around it. But masking tape and or / using priority mailing stickers works best.

I prefer to open such packages with a table saw or melt the tape off with a cigarette lighter.

Sorry... what I really wanted to say is that I usually put bagged/boarded comics in a larger magazine bag (larger items in a shopping bag) with a normal piece of tape sealing it. The cardboard sandwich has the heavier tape and the magazine (or larger) bag taped to the cardboard. Towards the end of the span of the tape, I fold the tape over onto itself to make little pull tab handles so it's easier to pull open.

_______/\__

DG

Well-placed taped works wonders. It doesn't require a lot of thought and engineering knowledge to figure out how to tape cardboard to a book to ensure the recipient doesn't damage it trying to get it out of the package.

Exactly. I don't mind using a blade to get into the outer box or package, but if you've got to take that blade anywhere near the books it's no good. Also, if it takes longer to open safely than it did to pack it's overkill.

Books can be packed quite safely with minimal amount of tape.

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

That sandwich is not coming open. Those books aren't going anywhere. You don't need a blade or a spare forty five minutes to open that package.