• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC to Host John Romita Jr. & Glen Brunswick

10 posts in this topic

De ja vu...

CGC to Host John Romita Jr. & Glen Brunswick at the CGC Booth During San Diego ComiCon!

Creators of the Image Comics hit, the Gray Area, will be at the Comics Guaranty, LLC (CGC) booth to sign comics for their fans on Saturday, July 24th, from 2:30pm to 3pm. CGC representatives will be on hand to witness the signatures and accept Signature Series submissions. This is an amazing opportunity for collectors and CGC Signature Series enthusiasts. Signatures will be limited to two per person so that as many people as possible will get a chance to get their comics signed.

Never worry about forged signatures or switched COA’s ever again! The CGC Signature Series offers the best authentication signature service in the industry. All comics that are submitted for the CGC Signature Series must be signed in the presence of an authorized CGC representative. Those comics are then graded by the industry’s only impartial third party experts and encapsulated in CGC’s state-of–the-art tamper evident holder.

The Gray Area, Image Comics hot new creator owned series written by Glen Brunswick and penciled by John Romita Jr. is making waves in the industry. The story follows a brutal and corrupt narcotic Detective Rudy Chance. After his execution for double-crossing a drug cartel, Rudy Chance expects he'll wind up in Hell. Instead, he finds himself in the Grey Area. Here he is forced to combat evil for an afterlife police force and a shot at redemption. Given extraordinary powers, Chance hunts down the wicked to condemn and the worthy to heal. But can he control his own dark side or will it lead him to eternal damnation?

CGC and Paradise Comics to donate 5 CGC certified Signature Series Copies to ACTOR:

Peter Dixon owner of Paradise Comics and CGC will be donating 5 CGC certified Signature Series copies of the Gray Area, signed by John Romita Jr. and Glen Brunswick to ACTOR (A Commitment to our Roots). These copies will be on hand at the ACTOR booth in Wizard World Chicago, August 13, 14, 15 for some lucky collectors to buy and help a wonderful industry charity.

“I'm extremely grateful for John and Glen's willingness to devote some time out of their busy schedules to sign at the CGC booth at SDCCI” Said Dixon. “The monies raised from the sale of these books will be going towards a very worthy industry charity: ACTOR - A Commitment to our Roots.”

Be sure to arrive at the CGC booth early on Saturday, July 24th to ensure your spot in line for these two wonderful creators! Don’t forget to take advantage of having a CGC witness on hand in order to submit your signed comics and receive the coveted CGC Signature Series label!

was I dreaming or did John Romita Jr.have a cameo in the Spidey #2 movie ??

Wasn't he the guy in the lift with Spidey ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

It was Hal Sparks . Formerly known for his stint as host of "Talk Soup."

thumbsup2.gif

Right you are !!

Never heard of him...but I thought the guy did look like Romita Jr...same hairstyle hair, same type of suit....my bad confused-smiley-013.gif

Was I dreaming or did JR JR learn how to draw Spider-Man? Oh, I was dreaming.

thumbsup2.gif He's the main reason I stopped getting the series...I held on to #500, as it was a cool number to stop; but the last 10 issues were murder to get through

Was I dreaming or did JR JR learn how to draw Spider-Man? Oh, I was dreaming.

thumbsup2.gif He's the main reason I stopped getting the series...I held on to #500, as it was a cool number to stop; but the last 10 issues were murder to get through

What do you think of Deodato?

What do you think of Deodato?

I prefer him to Jrjr but I'm not a big fan either. He makes the eyes on Spidey look funky.

I do like this though

deodato.jpg :

thumbsup2.gif