• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply.com - Ordering & Communication issues....

368 posts in this topic

I paid with credit card, not paypal. I've never actually considered this a real problem until now. Should i be concerned, seriously?

Is there any chance of getting my order at this point? (after all, I did get one of my orders...)

Comic Supply (Russ) was a regular poster on these boards for years. A few years ago he decided to make it very difficult to buy from him. He's since made life very difficult for people who purchase from him for whatever reason.

I'd call your credit card company and get them to reverse the charges and cancel the order.

+100 for the approximate 100 boardies victimized by him.

I think you guys need to be specific. I recall a deal about mylars and boards going south (that appeared to be a logistical problem specific to the deal IIRC), and general timeframe issues on shipment of certain products. Specifically, I've done business with them and not had issues, so it's not everyone. I also haven't ordered from him in years.

OK, specifically, he's in the Hall of Shame for multiple bad transactions...but if you google, Comicsupply, scam and CGC, these are the top hits...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4592294&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2432486&fpart=1

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=32945

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=461

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_thread.asp?pagenumber=4&ThreadID=4964018&forumID=4&threadName=Is+Comicsupply.com+out+of+business%3F

I paid with credit card, not paypal. I've never actually considered this a real problem until now. Should i be concerned, seriously?

Is there any chance of getting my order at this point? (after all, I did get one of my orders...)

Comic Supply (Russ) was a regular poster on these boards for years. A few years ago he decided to make it very difficult to buy from him. He's since made life very difficult for people who purchase from him for whatever reason.

I'd call your credit card company and get them to reverse the charges and cancel the order.

I think you guys need to be specific. I recall a deal about mylars and boards going south (that appeared to be a logistical problem specific to the deal IIRC), and general timeframe issues on shipment of certain products. Specifically, I've done business with them and not had issues, so it's not everyone. I also haven't ordered from him in years.

It's safe to assume that he's not trustworthy.

OK, specifically, he's in the Hall of Shame for multiple bad transactions...but if you google, Comicsupply, scam and CGC, these are the top hits...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4592294&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2432486&fpart=1

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=32945

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=461

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_thread.asp?pagenumber=4&ThreadID=4964018&forumID=4&threadName=Is+Comicsupply.com+out+of+business%3F

:thumbsup: Almost ironic how these threads start almost verbatim. BTW, I don't need convincing, just trying to prod you guys to being more specific. In all honesty I don't have (and I don't think anyone else has) information on how he's been running his business lately. Or maybe we do. :baiting:

He keeps running online sales, I know because I keep getting emails...and I can't seem to block him.

The good thing is, his nonsense made me talk Hot flips into joining the boards;) and they are the nicest most honest people, so they made up for him.

He keeps running online sales, I know because I keep getting emails...and I can't seem to block him.

The good thing is, his nonsense made me talk Hot flips into joining the boards;) and they are the nicest most honest people, so they made up for him.

Most definitely!

+1, Nothing but positive to say about Hot Flips.

HotFlips is awesome,you will never go wrong with Jeff.

Well, I wished I had checked here before placing such a large order. I would have ordered directly from Gerber except they don't have an online checkout option. ComicSupply had good prices, so I was excited to find them. (for some reason, I thought Hotflips was a European distributor)

For the past few years, I've been buying my supplies from BagsUnlimited, but have been unhappy with the consistency of their products. Customer service is great (as is delivery times), but I've heard too many good things about Gerber products and wanted to switch. Hotflips it is. Hopefully my CC won't give me trouble. Thanks for the advice (and being easy on a NooB)

I used to order from ComicSupply before I joined here and I can honestly say I never got scammed out of a single order and only had to wait an extended period of time once. I'm probably one of the few who didn't get screwed over by them. Once I joined here I tried Hotflips and now they get all my business (thumbs u

HotFlips is awesome,you will never go wrong with Jeff.

+1

First class from initial order to my door. Would not give anyone else my comic board/mylar business. Hotflips (thumbs u

I placed several orders with comic supply and other than a slight delay with one, I was quite happy with them. However, they have burned more than enough people here to convince me they are not worth doing business with.

Most definitely!
I think you guys need to be specific.

Well, I wished I had checked here before placing such a large order. I would have ordered directly from Gerber except they don't have an online checkout option,

Not an excuse. They answer phones--they are my personal option and haven't had a problem with Gerber (no offense to HotFlips).

RE: BagsUnlimited....I've ordered their slab comic bags; and I was a bit disappointed with the quality as some of them wouldn't even close. Not what I'd expect since the product is a bit expensive.

Most definitely!
I think you guys need to be specific.
Doesn't eBay need to suck your toes a bit more? :baiting:

You know what's the difference between a giant bucket of whale dung and Russ???....

A friggin' Bucket!

Russ and his abomination of a company will continue to keep screwing people out of their

hard earned money here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

over and over and over and over and over and over because these types of posts fail to EVER

get pinned.

It's sad and is a weak point that we can't make a top 10 vendors to NOT USE thread a get

pinned so the fine people here can at least have a chance against this scum.

:tonofbricks:

Hmm wonder if Russ will show up proclaim he is making things right as fast as he can("I know some of you have been waiting three years or longer but I swear I will make good and redeem myself")and then his wife will come on and curse everyone out acting like she's finna wipe us all out. Because we are evil for actually expecting to get supplies for money sent... :popcorn:

I'm just saying

it could happen

She is a bag of cats crazy