• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is The Original Transformers Comic Book Read Order?

18 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have posted this question on other boards, but I am not getting much of a response. I figured I would post it here and see what happens.

I have just started to get back in to buying comics and one of my goals is to complete the original comic book collection. I am hoping you guys might be help to help verify that I am hunting the right books and have them in the correct read order. I would appreciate any help any of you might have to offer.

So here are the books I am planning on getting in the order I plan on reading them. I just wanted to make sure this looks right to everyone else.

- The Transformers #1 - #80 (Marvel 1984 - 1991)

- Transformers: Regeneration One #80.5 - #100 (IDW 2012 - Current)

- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #138 - #142 (Marvel Comics 1993)

- Transformers: Generation 2 #0 - #12 (Marvel 1993)

From the research I have been doing the last two weeks this is what I have come up with. The books I need in the order I should read them. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Hello All,

I have posted this question on other boards, but I am not getting much of a response. I figured I would post it here and see what happens.

I have just started to get back in to buying comics and one of my goals is to complete the original comic book collection. I am hoping you guys might be help to help verify that I am hunting the right books and have them in the correct read order. I would appreciate any help any of you might have to offer.

So here are the books I am planning on getting in the order I plan on reading them. I just wanted to make sure this looks right to everyone else.

- The Transformers #1 - #80 (Marvel 1984 - 1991)

- Transformers: Regeneration One #80.5 - #100 (IDW 2012 - Current)

- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #138 - #142 (Marvel Comics 1993)

- Transformers: Generation 2 #0 - #12 (Marvel 1993)

Where is GI Joe VS Transformers??

From the research I have been doing the last two weeks this is what I have come up with. The books I need in the order I should read them. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Well the original 80s G.I. Joe VS Transformers was a mini series that, if memory serves, is only referenced once in the 80s Marvel's Transformers. G.I. Joe did not accept the story line in their continuity.

Even though I own the G.I. Joe Vs Transformers books, I am not sure where they fit in the original Marvel books and if they should even be included. I guess as I re-read the original books I will make that determination when I get there.

There was also some Transformers comics release through Dreamwave.

You are correct. I just have not see any information that states it is part of the original story line / continuity.

That took you two weeks of research?

A job, a band, a wife.

Starting out with only knowing about the Marvel's 80s run to go on I just didn't know how to start.

I'm just poking fun at you, Youseph. :baiting:

There was also the UK Transformers series which produced some original stories that fitted in the continuity of the first series.

There was also the UK Transformers series which produced some original stories that fitted in the continuity of the first series.

From what I have read about the UK books is that they take place in a whole other continuity / alternate universe.

I two have read that they had some really good stories and i have picked up the first three graphic novels that contain several uk books. I don't know If I am going to expand my collection to collecting the UK books or not. I might wait till after I am done collecting this "core" set before I decide if I want to keep going.

From what I have read about the UK books is that they take place in a whole other continuity / alternate universe.

I two have read that they had some really good stories and i have picked up the first three graphic novels that contain several uk books. I don't know If I am going to expand my collection to collecting the UK books or not. I might wait till after I am done collecting this "core" set before I decide if I want to keep going.

Well, at the time they were carefully created to fit neatly in between stories in the US series and paid complete attention to continuity. I guess they might have been rejected from the official canon since then (though I hadn't heard that) but they were intended to be part of it.

Well, at the time they were carefully created to fit neatly in between stories in the US series and paid complete attention to continuity. I guess they might have been rejected from the official canon since then (though I hadn't heard that) but they were intended to be part of it.

I will read them with that in mind then. Thank you.

I am hearing from a Transformers forum that 'Regeneration One' Nulls out Generation 2. I am having a hard time finding any other source that says that.

I'm thinking there might be some kind of "Time shifting" element that might happen so the Generation 2 story might not be Nulled out. Just a thought always.

As for the UK books, there was very little continuity from what I have read at TFWiki.net. I don't count them in the U.S. story line myself anyways.