• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Sets Added 7-21-2004

18 posts in this topic

New Sets Added 7-21-2004

New Sets With Scores

Brave and the Bold 28-30

Secret Wars (Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars)

Showcase 22-24

Spectacular Spiderman Magazines 1-2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-4

Ultimate Spider-man expanded to 1-50

New Sets Without Scores (Scores To Be Added Soon)

Mad 24-50

Savage Tales

Superman/Batman 1-10

Ultimate Fantastic Four 1-5

Ultimate X-Men 1-25

Wolverine: The End 1-3

Scores for Batman 1-300 and other large sets will also be added soon.

An automated process for adding hundreds of scores at once is in

development, which will facilitate both initial scores and scoring updates.

Avengers 1 to 100 or

1 to 75 would be nice......

but let's not forget Lucy Bop's Archie set, not that she talks to us much anymore.....

sorry.gif

Avengers 1 to 100 or

but let's not forget Lucy Bop's Archie set, not that she talks to us much anymore.....

sorry.gif

But which set will get more use the Archie or the Avengers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

New Sets Added 7-21-2004

Mad 24-50

foreheadslap.gifWhy was this set added? Mad 1-23 has been up for quite some time now and not a single user has added a single book to that set. 893frustrated.gif

New Sets Added 7-21-2004

New Sets With Scores

Brave and the Bold 28-30

Secret Wars (Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars)

Showcase 22-24

Spectacular Spiderman Magazines 1-2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-4

Mad 24-50

Savage Tales

Superman/Batman 1-10

Ultimate X-Men 1-25

Wolverine: The End 1-3

Scores for Batman 1-300 and other large sets will also be added soon.

An automated process for adding hundreds of scores at once is in

development, which will facilitate both initial scores and scoring updates.

893applaud-thumb.gif

great work, thanks! :appluase:

Avengers 1 to 100 or

sorry.gif

But which set will get more use the Archie or the Avengers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As long as Lucy Bop uses it, it's justified my man! Don't you know how to....BOP?

Avengers 1 to 100 or

sorry.gif

As long as Lucy Bop uses it, it's justified my man! Don't you know how to....BOP?

crazy.gif

Avengers 1 to 100 or

sorry.gif

Personally, I'd use the Archie set more. I'm sure Lucy would, too! See...right there, there's 2 users grin.gif

But it's very limited . Seems to me lots of Moderns , maybe a company plan to get more meaningless submissions .

Yeah, and WTF is something as insipid as Ultimate FF getting pushed ahead of important series that have been collected for decades?

Next year, UFF will be in the bargain bins, and CGC will have another useless entry to delete.

But it's very limited . Seems to me lots of Moderns , maybe a company plan to get more meaningless submissions .

Yeah, and WTF is something as insipid as Ultimate FF getting pushed ahead of important series that have been collected for decades?

Next year, UFF will be in the bargain bins, and CGC will have another useless entry to delete.

2 things....

1) CGC, and comic collecting in general, is not about "what I collect is great, what you collect is not worth money or just sucks". It is about promoting the hobby for EVERYONE, not just one person or one set of collector's. I spoke with Bob Overstreet (Guess what he does), Maggie Thompson (CBG), Jon Berk (past AACC President), Dave Armstrong (President AACC), Jim McLauchlin (ACTOR) and many other's this weekend at SDCC and they all agree, the hobby became too "elite" and things like UFF and USM bring people back into our hobby. After many years some drop out, but some go on to become life long hobbyists. The new reader's/collector are the only future this hobby has. If you care about the hobby, just help the "new" collector/reader enjoy the hobby, don't push them out.

2) We have put up many sets that are not Modern. These are harder to score and longer runs take longer to set up. In 2 years, we should have most sets up and scored 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please treat each other well, it is why I loved this hobby when I first found fandom, most people were happy you were around no matter what you collected angel.gif

2 things....

1) CGC, and comic collecting in general, is not about "what I collect is great, what you collect is not worth money or just sucks". It is about promoting the hobby for EVERYONE, not just one person or one set of collector's. I spoke with Bob Overstreet (Guess what he does), Maggie Thompson (CBG), Jon Berk (past AACC President), Dave Armstrong (President AACC), Jim McLauchlin (ACTOR) and many other's this weekend at SDCC and they all agree, the hobby became too "elite" and things like UFF and USM bring people back into our hobby. After many years some drop out, but some go on to become life long hobbyists. The new reader's/collector are the only future this hobby has. If you care about the hobby, just help the "new" collector/reader enjoy the hobby, don't push them out.

2) We have put up many sets that are not Modern. These are harder to score and longer runs take longer to set up. In 2 years, we should have most sets up and scored 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please treat each other well, it is why I loved this hobby when I first found fandom, most people were happy you were around no matter what you collected angel.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif

New Sets Added 7-21-2004

New Sets With Scores

Superman/Batman 1-10

Ultimate X-Men 1-25

Question: Will the ongoing modern sets such as Superman Batman, UFF and UXM being expanded like USM? I'm not asking that it be done now. I'm just curious.

Thanks