• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outbid at Heritag live auctions?

33 posts in this topic

If you use the iphone app, keep in mind that you'll have to enable live bidding after each lot.

On the computer app, you only have to click the live bidding button once and you can bid on any lot until you disable it again. Not the case on the iphone app, it resets to be disabled at the start of each lot. As quick as things can move sometimes, might be worth knowing (thumbs u

I love how people criticize typos in here... but as for Heritage Auctions, I have been outbid numerous times... That live auction attracts a lot of buyers and is quite fierce if I may say so. However, I do like HA, and will continue to bid on books, via net or live bidding. Ps that Xmen #1 is stellar. Good investment!

i got outbid by $41 on a spidey 20 CGC 9.4 but i won a fantastic four #2 CGC 7.0 at below GPA so i'm happy. Both books i bid using live proxy bid. both times on the stream i heard a guy in the background call out my bid. it was kinda neat.

Did anyone else notice how disapointed they were when tec 27 sold for 80K (buyers premium included) ? it was extensive pro resto 9.2 - the last one sold for 113K. Good chance it was the same book which makes me think someone might be having a rough night !

I only wish i could say:

"Well i got outbid on the Calvin and Hobbes art "

But i cant even say that. :(

Anyone know what the final price was ?

no idea- but i'm sure you can look through their archives to find out -i just looked up franks x-men 1 that way(truly amazing book love the razor sharp edges and looks incredible even blown up in a huge scan)

I only participated in the Live auction once. Was doing fairly well, but internet lag was horrible. Got so bad, I got bumped off in the last few minutes and by the time I logged back on, I had lost the auction. Pissed me off so much, I don't bother with the live auctions any more.