• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetical: Which comic would you choose?

Kill me now!  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Kill me now!

44 posts in this topic

Steve Martin was hilarious in his prime as a stand-up comedian. His movies, with the exception of 'The man with two brains' on the other hand...

Fixed that for you.

I'll give you that....and the Jerk wasn't entirely bad.
Three Amigos :)

Bill Hicks was from Houston. Saw him bunch of times...

My favorite gag of his was when he'd ask if there were any smokers in the audience...

Hicks - "You sir, you smoke?"

Audience member - "Yes"

Hicks - "Are you a heavy smoker? How much do you smoke in a day?"

AM (proudly) - "Two Packs!"

Hicks - "! I go through two lighters a day!"

That makes you rather cool in my book. Saw him in London, about a year or so before he passed.

Favorite gag - the waffle waitress not asking him what he was reading, but what he was reading for. "Looks like we got ourselves a reader!!"

That makes you rather cool in my book. Saw him in London, about a year or so before he passed.

Favorite gag - the waffle waitress not asking him what he was reading, but what he was reading for. "Looks like we got ourselves a reader!!"

On one of his recordings there is a long bit about Barbara Bush in a hot tub. It is disgustingly hilarious. The first time I heard it I really could not stop laughing. It hurt.

On one of his recordings there is a long bit about Barbara Bush in a hot tub. It is disgustingly hilarious. The first time I heard it I really could not stop laughing. It hurt.

I was in hysterics recently over his splenetic rant about Jay Leno (which I discovered on Youtube). How he got away with being that harsh I'll never know.

Will check out the Babs Bush bit (assuming it's on YT).

Sorry, I'm old school.

Give me a choice between Milton Berle, George Burns, Jack Benny and a muzzle loader and I'd be happy to participate.

Dude +1

I guess we like the old skool. (thumbs u

Let`s put the great one in there as well.

143551226.0NMZQZp0.1960s_JackieGleason_425Htext.jpg

Heh, fine by me, that's one funny man, and a kick- actor to boot, but let's change the muzzle loader to a harpoon gun

No love for Bill Cosby?

I saw him do standup at the Sydney Town Hall many years ago and cried with laughter.

Funny, topical and best of all (unlike so many "comics these days) the routine was so clean that Grandma wouldn't blush.

When a "talent" has to use profanity to get a laugh, I suspect a dearth of that self-same "talent".

/rant

Steve Martin was hilarious in his prime as a stand-up comedian. His movies, with the exception of 'The man with two brains' on the other hand...

Fixed that for you.

I'll give you that....and the Jerk wasn't entirely bad.
Three Amigos :)

This is getting to be like Monty Python...