• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you're a Fletcher Hanks fan...

59 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I recently finished my digital sculpt of Fantomah, "Mystery Woman of the Jungle," who is Fletcher Hanks' other most noteworthy character. I textured her in two of the more interesting color schemes I found in the Fantagraphics collections, which can be seen in the image and turntable videos below:

8385152197_970de62bfe_b.jpg

Turntable Animation Video 1

Turntable Animation Video 2

Which color scheme do you prefer? I have set up a brief survey to find out and would appreciate your opinions. My next step is to get her 3D printed; she'll be about 3.75" tall at 1/21 scale.

Concerning Stardust, I am presently resculpting him to give the figurine a more dynamic look, specifically this one:

8386236198_c094b89ce3_z.jpg

I will then get a higher quality 3D print made and have about 200-250 cast in resin, with Fantomah released shortly thereafter. Distribution will be through Amazon and (hopefully) Diamond.

Regarding future figures, the original survey indicated that Black Terror and Kid Terror were by far the most popular characters of those listed, so they will likely follow Fantomah as a two-pack. I will base the poses on one of their covers from the Golden Age, so if you have a favorite one, feel free to email me with your preference.

Best Regards,

Jared

hm [font:Times New Roman]M'thinks the blue works a little better with the skull face (my 2c ), but they're both pretty darn cool. I wonder what the blue would look like with the white skull face?

I'll check whether that depiction exists in any of the stories included in the two volumes on Hanks from Fantagraphics. [/font]

Greetings All,

I've recently completed a new digital sculpt of Stardust & De Structo, a video of which can be viewed on Vimeo. The sculpt is about 90% new; I made a conscious effort to give it a more dynamic pose and try to capture Hanks' unique style. For reference, you can view the original "De Structo & the Headhunter" story here. Below is a render of the old vs. the new sculpt of the figure; I think you'll agree that the new version is an improvement:

8521870601_de90328301_o.jpg

Below is a render of some color variants which appeared in other Stardust stories:

8521870701_726f24ffe3_o.jpg

From left to right: standard grey boots (as he appeared in the De Structo story); red boots with red dots on the collar; and the yellow boots version. I have set up a brief new survey to determine how many of each variant I should produce; you can fill it out here. You can also comment on and critique the sculpt in this survey; I would like your feedback as soon as possible, as I will be sending the digital model to the 3D printer Friday, March 8. I have abandoned the idea of blind box packaging and will probably sell the rarer color variants exclusively through my site, JaredZichek.com. Each variant will have a unique label and be individually numbered.

Fantomah

Below is a scale comparison between the Fantomah and Stardust sculpts:

8521870411_d843555996_o.jpg

Fantomah will stand 3.75", while Stardust will stand 4.3", both at 1/21 scale. I'm hoping to price Fantomah at around $13 and Stardust at $20, with the price of the color variants TBD.

8521870505_40b42206c4_o.jpg

According to my earlier Fantomah survey, the blue skinned version is preferred to the caucasian one by about 55% to 45%. However, not a lot of people have completed it, and I would like more data before I initiate production; your input is deeply appreciated!

The Black Terror

I have picked out some exciting covers which could serve as the basis for a Black Terror figurine:

8522984034_da8e8a38e0_b.jpg

To select your favorite, please complete the aforementioned survey; I'm partial to cover "I" with the Black Terror punching out a robot, but I prefer to let you guys decide. Kid Terror may or may not be included, depending on which cover is chosen. However, I'm sure he will be released eventually. Some of the covers have overtly racist caricatures of Japanese soldiers; I would tone these down if one of these covers is chosen for production, as I've no interest in reviving this sort of stereotyping.

Best Regards,

Jared

Greetings All,

Just received these pics of the 3D print of my new Stardust the Super Wizard figurine:

8606152129_c44645fe54_o.jpg

8606152259_9c204853cd_o.jpg

The prototype will be sent to the factory this week to be produced in quantity; the factory I've chosen has produced many collectibles for Sideshow, DC Direct, etc., so the quality should be high. Only 300 copies of this figure will be produced; of these, there will be three different color variants: grey boots edition: 180 copies; yellow boots edition: 75 copies; and red boots edition: 45 copies. (Thanks to everyone who completed the survey, which helped determine the production breakdown of these variants). Each edition will have its own unique, individually numbered gold foil label. I'm hoping to receive shipment of the figures by late May and make them available through Amazon (with free shipping!) and jaredzichek.com shortly thereafter.

The Black Terror

The cover depicting the Black Terror punching out a robot was the winner of the aforementioned survey, and the digital sculpt is now underway; hope to have it done by mid-April. The delicate hoses on the robot figure will probably have to be made with metal armature wire, making it my first multi-media type figure. Once complete, I think it will look very striking - having two figures in combat on a single base is a lot more interesting than a single static one, and it may be a theme I continue with the rest of the collection.

Thanks for your support and interest; Happy Easter!

Best Regards,

Jared

Hi All,

Just wanted to post a brief update on the Stardust the Super Wizard figurine, which is currently in production in China. Below are some photos of the painted prototypes; these were take with a camera phone at the factory and are not the best quality, but give a general impression of how the production figure will appear:

9002889653_2e78ccc6c6_o.jpg

9002891301_f987e4eb5e_o.jpg

9004069912_9766da14f1_o.jpg

I'm hoping to receive shipment of the figures by the end of this month; will let you know when they are available for sale on Amazon, which will likely be the exclusive distributor for the collection.

Best Regards,

Jared

Greetings All,

After months of waiting, Fletcher Hanks's Stardust the Super Wizard is finally available as limited edition, hand painted polyresin figurine!

9398885658_216d873afe_o.jpg

9396119211_3f04a26969_o.jpg

9398886492_bf9dfcfce7_o.jpg

9398887166_8613034f15_o.jpg

9398888576_b840577453_o.jpg

9398888066_bc459e7c7c_c.jpg

9398889888_7ec7e034f3_o.jpg

Sculpted at 1/21 scale and standing 4.3" tall, Stardust is the first in a new series of figurines devoted to selected superhero, science fiction and horror characters from the Golden Age of Comics. This collection is designed to complement the existing series of Marvel and DC superheroes produced by Eaglemoss of England. Only 300 total pieces have been produced, divided into 3 color variants: the Grey Boots Edition (180 pieces); the Yellow Boots Edition (75 pieces); and the Red Boots Edition (45 pieces). Each variant has its own label, is individually numbered, and comes in a custom full color box.

The figurine is priced at $27.95, which includes free economy shipping for U.S. residents. It is available direct from the manufacturer at Goldenagefigurines.com, on eBay, and will soon be available on Amazon. International customers are advised to wait until the figurine appears on Amazon, as we do not directly fulfill international orders.

Special Auction of the "Number One" Figurines

I have set aside the "Number One" figures of each color variant and put them up for auction on eBay; the Stardust Grey Boots Edition serial no. 1/180 is listed here; the Yellow Boots Edition serial no. 1/75 is listed here; and the Red Boots Edition serial no. 1/45 is listed here. The starting price for each is $27.95, the same as the rest of the figurines, so you have the chance of purchasing one at the same cost as a figurine with higher numbering. The auctions end Monday, August 5, between 8 and 8:10pm PST. Good luck and thanks for your support!

Best Regards,

Jared

Greetings All,

After months of waiting, Fletcher Hanks's Stardust the Super Wizard is finally available as limited edition, hand painted polyresin figurine!

9398885658_216d873afe_o.jpg

9396119211_3f04a26969_o.jpg

9398886492_bf9dfcfce7_o.jpg

9398887166_8613034f15_o.jpg

9398888576_b840577453_o.jpg

9398888066_bc459e7c7c_c.jpg

9398889888_7ec7e034f3_o.jpg

Sculpted at 1/21 scale and standing 4.3" tall, Stardust is the first in a new series of figurines devoted to selected superhero, science fiction and horror characters from the Golden Age of Comics. This collection is designed to complement the existing series of Marvel and DC superheroes produced by Eaglemoss of England. Only 300 total pieces have been produced, divided into 3 color variants: the Grey Boots Edition (180 pieces); the Yellow Boots Edition (75 pieces); and the Red Boots Edition (45 pieces). Each variant has its own label, is individually numbered, and comes in a custom full color box.

The figurine is priced at $27.95, which includes free economy shipping for U.S. residents. It is available direct from the manufacturer at Goldenagefigurines.com, on eBay, and will soon be available on Amazon. International customers are advised to wait until the figurine appears on Amazon, as we do not directly fulfill international orders.

Special Auction of the "Number One" Figurines

I have set aside the "Number One" figures of each color variant and put them up for auction on eBay; the Stardust Grey Boots Edition serial no. 1/180 is listed here; the Yellow Boots Edition serial no. 1/75 is listed here; and the Red Boots Edition serial no. 1/45 is listed here. The starting price for each is $27.95, the same as the rest of the figurines, so you have the chance of purchasing one at the same cost as a figurine with higher numbering. The auctions end Monday, August 5, between 8 and 8:10pm PST. Good luck and thanks for your support!

Best Regards,

Jared

[font:Times New Roman]Congratulations, and very well done! I'll probably purchase one of each.

Looking forward to more GA classic character figurines.[/font]. :applause:

Thanks David! Hope I am able to produce many Golden Age characters as the line proceeds. I had a very busy day of preparing shipments; got them all done and to the post office this evening. The Red Boots Edition of Stardust is proving to be very popular; at this rate, it will be sold out by early next week!

I wanted to let everyone know that the figurines are now up on Amazon and are eligible for free shipping to U.S. residents. So, if that is your retailer of choice, you can now buy them through there. I added a second box with packing material around each figurine before shipping them to their warehouses, so they should be delivered intact by Amazon to your doorstep.

Thanks for all the orders so far - hope you enjoy the figurines!

-Jared

Thanks David! Hope I am able to produce many Golden Age characters as the line proceeds. I had a very busy day of preparing shipments; got them all done and to the post office this evening. The Red Boots Edition of Stardust is proving to be very popular; at this rate, it will be sold out by early next week!

I wanted to let everyone know that the figurines are now up on Amazon and are eligible for free shipping to U.S. residents. So, if that is your retailer of choice, you can now buy them through there. I added a second box with packing material around each figurine before shipping them to their warehouses, so they should be delivered intact by Amazon to your doorstep.

Thanks for all the orders so far - hope you enjoy the figurines!

-Jared

[font:Times New Roman]Jared,

Just purchased three of the red boot variants. Like you say, given the limited run these should sell out quickly. Excellent workmanship. :applause:

Got your email late due to a mix-up on my email settings while traveling the past three weeks. Sorry we missed visiting in San Diego. Are you going to be at Chicago Wizard next week?

Keep the GA figurines coming. There's a wealth of great characters to choose from. Looking forward to updates.

-David (Cat)[/font]

Thanks a lot David! I'll get those three figures shipped out to you this afternoon. I go every year to Comic-Con, so hopefully we can meet up next year.

I'm down to 10 Red Boots Stardusts here, with 8 en route to Amazon warehouses - strong possibility they will be sold out by the end of the week.

Sure Pmpknface - and thanks for your order! I've been contemplating a statue of the Claw clutching Daredevil, maybe showing him from the waist up emerging from a hole in the ground. It would be 1:21 scale but still quite large, as the Claw could be gigantic. Could do both costume variants of Daredevil to enhance the collectability of the piece.

I've been contemplating a statue of the Claw clutching Daredevil, maybe showing him from the waist up emerging from a hole in the ground. It would be 1:21 scale but still quite large, as the Claw could be gigantic. Could do both costume variants of Daredevil to enhance the collectability of the piece.

Count me in for this one, too!

FYI guys, I ordered a few days ago and he arrived today! He's a 'lil guy but is very cool! Great statue.

Just a thought, you may want to advertise here:

http://www.statuemarvels.com/

And I'm an avid statue collector who could give you a few other sites to post on if you want. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

:D