• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Mike Forrester's FLATROCK02 Family

248 posts in this topic

and Bad is Good;)

Or something like that:)

Thanks, for all the great books that have been listed!

Indeed. Big hearts out there. :cloud9:

Mike (flatrock02) is the one who encouraged me to join these boards 5-6 years ago. I definitely thank him for that. Great group of people in here. (thumbs u

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Laugh #138 15c Variant GD+ 2.5 $30 shipped

Mark Schultz Batgirl prelims for a comission he did for me. Pencil 8.5x11. This is the only time Mark has drawn Batgirl. $500 shipped

Alex Ross Earth X Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Harry Osborn. 14x17 vellum.

$400 shipped

Gene Ha Toy Box 8.5x11 Con Sketch. $50 shipped

Page 3:

Superman 74 CGC 9.4 white (tied 1 of 2 for top census) (1952) I will have a scan up later hopefully tonight but at least by the end of the weekend. $3500 (well below the $5k ask price that was set for the other copy that exists)

Page 4:

Aliens, Predator, Terminator large lot. All these books were original buys off of Diamond Distributors back in the 80’s. $50

Page 6:

Fantastic Four #88 cgc 9.6 white $200 shipped anywhere

Page 7:

3x Boxes of Drek! $20 per box ($20-30 Shipping to be paid by buyer)

Page 10:

3 book lot:

-Walking Dead cover collection (cover from issue 33 to issue 48) NM+

-Zombies vs Robots 0 NM

-Gianz Size X Men 1 spanish second edition VF+

$30 shipped

Page 11:

Bronze CGC Lot:

- Amazing Spider-Man #164 9.4 OW - old label

- Amazing Spider-Man #158 9.0 White

- Iron Man #63 9.0 C/OW

All 3 for $100

Page 12:

Tales to Astonish 49 First time Ant-Man becomes Giant Man. Cream to off white pages. Tanning on interior covers. Good 30.00 shipped

Page 13:

Jungle 138 VG- 3.5 OW pages.2 inch piece of tape inside front cover over a tear. $40 shipped.

Page 14:

Hellblazer #1 CGC 9.6 WP #0607601045 $75 shipped

ASM 14 Beat but complete $150 shipped

Hulk 109 9.4/9.6 leaning towards 9.6 $100 shipped

ASM 119 9.4 (miscut) $150 shipped

Hi all, one more straggler for the cause:

Bedlam #1 Forbidden Planet UK variant, signed by writer Nick Spencer.

I'd call this a 9.4/9.6... really sharp copy, which can be tough with this variant as many copies sustained shipping wear from clueless packaging.

Offered at $30 $25 SOLD! shipped; all proceeds to Mike's family.

bedlam1fp2.jpg

Reduced to $25 shipped. :)

I'd call this a 9.4/9.6... really sharp copy, which can be tough with this variant as many copies sustained shipping wear from clueless packaging.

Offered at $30 $25 shipped; all proceeds to Mike's family.

bedlam1fp2.jpg

Okay, I'll grab this one.

All Invoices should be up to date:)

Our total received, as of now, is $5600, not including the things from the wish list, etc, that have been sent to the family....great job everyone.

(worship)

BTW, I did speak with Pauline a few times and she keeps telling me how grateful she is. Her daughter (who is a very sweet girl) is teaching her a little about emailing...and hopefully, Pauline will be able to send notes soon. I'm hoping after the holidays.

Very lovely family.

All Invoices should be up to date:)

Our total received, as of now, is $5600, not including the things from the wish list, etc, that have been sent to the family....great job everyone.

(worship)

BTW, I did speak with Pauline a few times and she keeps telling me how grateful she is. Her daughter (who is a very sweet girl) is teaching her a little about emailing...and hopefully, Pauline will be able to send notes soon. I'm hoping after the holidays.

Very lovely family.

:applause:

Offered at $30 $25 shipped; all proceeds to Mike's family.

Okay, I'll grab this one.

You, sir, are a ^^ Thank you kindly.

Invoices and payments should be up to date.

Total collected so far (net) is $5740, this is not including the items purchased on the wish list, I may add those up later.

Great job everyone:) There are more wonderful books on the list! and feel free to add more:)

Brian's book is still here and he will be putting it on eBay if it doesn't sell, and donating the funds to the family ...so let's make sure people know about it:)

All,

Next weekend I will be picking up a nice ASM collection that is essentially a full run from 16-150 (missing 17 and 20). Approx. 50 of the books are CGC'ed and the rest are raw. I will be starting my First Annual CC's Beers and Cheers Holiday Sale and all these books will be offered.

Why am I posting in here? B/c with every book that's sold, I'll donate $5 to Mike's family in the form of a check. If all the books sold, that's approximately $750.

To make an even bigger impact, when a boardie buys a book, they'll have the option to add $5 to the total and I'll match it with another $5 donation. So there's a potential $15 donation PER BOOK sold in my thread.

It'll start the week of December 9th.

All,

Next weekend I will be picking up a nice ASM collection that is essentially a full run from 16-150 (missing 17 and 20). Approx. 50 of the books are CGC'ed and the rest are raw. I will be starting my First Annual CC's Beers and Cheers Holiday Sale and all these books will be offered.

Why am I posting in here? B/c with every book that's sold, I'll donate $5 to Mike's family in the form of a check. If all the books sold, that's approximately $750.

To make an even bigger impact, when a boardie buys a book, they'll have the option to add $5 to the total and I'll match it with another $5 donation. So there's a potential $15 donation PER BOOK sold in my thread.

Brock, you're a good-guy. (thumbs u

All,

Brock, you're a good-guy. (thumbs u

Good enough to sell me that Batman 121?? (thumbs u

Ps. I have enough raw books (across all spectrums) to start the sales thread either tonight or tomorrow. Depends on how my 6 week old acts and how much I can get scanned.