• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grade this FF 38

36 posts in this topic

Jim's right,

You can't accurately grade a book from a photo of it in a plastic bag - that's like making love with a sock on your ! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

smily961.gif

Jim's right,

You can't accurately grade a book from a photo of it in a plastic bag - that's like making love with a sock on your ! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

But if you're making love TO the sock, it's fine. 893whatthe.gif

I am new to this grading thing and was wondering what this would recieve. I attached Link. I am not sure how to get the image inserted in the message.

FF 38

I've had to "guestimate the grade" on many worse scans than this on eBay.

Unless the bag and slightly fuzzy photo are hiding something you have a 8.5-9.4 comic there and should consider sending it in to be graded.

My guestimate: 9.0

Jim's right,

smily961.gif

makepoint.gif

What a metaphor... foreheadslap.gif

Jim's right,

blush.gifsmily961.gif

Welcome to the boards. Hard to say with all the glare on that scan. My first thought was that the color seemed to be off and possibly faded but then again? Staple pull looks a little drastic and is that some slight foxing or a dust shadow on the top right hand edge? I would think that staple pull would downgrade the book considerably depending on extent of the damage. Overall the book has 9.0 quality to it but that pull for me brings it down to a 7.5. I'm no expert however. confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim's right,

27_laughing.gif you guys are killing me. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Jim's right,

David, I see you've figured out a way to make sure people don't ignore your posts. You too, Jim. Well done. thumbsup2.gif

Jim's right,

smily961.gif

makepoint.gif

What a metaphor... foreheadslap.gif

It's a simile. gossip.gif