• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grade this FF 38

36 posts in this topic

Looks to be a pretty nice copy, but the staple pulls are worrisome. Also, can you remove it from its' bag and take another picture of it?

Welcome to the boards!

FF 38, like FF 51 has classic top staple problems.

They probably won't take much off for it unless it's very ugly.

you've gotten some pretty decent grading guesses, so far. as has been said, the pic is fuzzy and with the plastic bag on it, a reasonably accurate guess is very tough. i'm thinking around 8.0 based on that staple pull and what looks to be a slightly banged up ULC and some minor non color breaking creases.................

if you can scan and remove the bag, you'll get some pretty accurate guesses from this crew.

welcome to the boards........ thumbsup2.gif

Looks to be a pretty nice copy, but the staple pulls are worrisome. Also, can you remove it from its' bag and take another picture of it?

Welcome to the boards!

My FF 38 doesn't have that problem. cloud9.gif

Welcome to the boards!

My FF 38 doesn't have that problem. cloud9.gif

It took me awhile to find a nice 38 and 51. smile.gif

Are you the guy that owns Colussus Comics? I ask because the picture is hosted in a directory with the same name as their eBay ID.

Brian

I seriously doubt it. I've talked to Steve Mortensen (Colussus owner) a little bit, and he's a good guy and a good grader. He wouldn't play games by coming here and pretending that he's new to grading asking for help. Besides, Steve would have been in San Diego closing his booth for the day or heading out for dinner at the time this thread started

Jazzster_12 - Again, welcome to the boards! Is this a book you already bought from Colossus? I don't see it any of their current auctions.

Cheers,

-Jim

5.5 sorry.gif

where do you get that grade?

Isn't the top back cover all warped?

And the sunshadow...

I can't see it doing bettter than Fine. sorry.gif