• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite inker over specific artists

31 posts in this topic

Ferran, I don't know the ROM issues but that sounds like fun! That avengers annual page is real nice.

It's hard to find a representative sample, but I think that this one is good enough. Sal is overpowered, but imho it was cool and fit with the series. This kind of rendering worked wonderfully in armors and Dire Wraiths and deep space. The storyline that ended in ROM #50 with the war Skrulls vs Dire Wraiths was terrific. Imho, Akin & Garvey gave to Sal's pencils a shadowy mood that was perfect with the tone of the story.

4827t.jpg

So, who's your favorite inker over:

Not counting the artist themselves

Johh Byrne, Terry Austin

John Buscema, al Williamson

Jackson "Butch" Guice, Tony Dezuniga

Gil Kane, John Romita Sr.

Giacola is really nice...just started to appreciate him when I got heck inked by him...just great and a great team. Everett inking anyone even Kirby, ends up looking like Everett....it's interesting to see Everett and Kirby working together...there is some sort of power struggle going on. It's really pronounced throughout the tales to astonish hulk stories they worked on together.

I'm a kid of the '80s:

Wiacek over PMS,

Austin over Leonardi.

For Leonardi in particular, it's amazing how different his work looks depending on who's inking him.

Aside Cloak and Dagger, imho, Leonardi also looked fantastic with Williamson's embellishment in Spider-Man 2099. But who doesn't shine under Williamson's work?