• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Fists of) Sgt. Fury Love Fest - Post your favorite covers

88 posts in this topic

Some recent buys. A couple of pence copies, but what the hell. At least they're in nice shape.

I still haven't found a decent # 165 or 166. mad.gif

Congrats on your purchases though, even though a couple ARE Pence copies. tongue.gifthumbsup2.gif

If I find one, you can have it for ten times guide. tongue.gif

OK, you can have it for cost plus shipping. I may have found some. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's truely a shame this title doesn't get more respect! After all, it is still a early Marvel title and lasted for quite some time. Not to mention Sgt. Fury/FF crossover in #4 and the Nick Fury, Agent of Shield later, with numerous crossovers!

It's getting there. Check back in a year and see how prices have jumped.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I put a 9.4 copy of Sgt Fury 24 up on eBay recently, from the CGC-unrecognized Golden State pedigree and an absolute beauty, and the highest bid was a stunning $66.99. That's almost exactly 1X 9.2 Guide... needless to say, it did not reach my reserve, which was very reasonable but not THAT reasonable. Sgt Fury prices on eBay, in all range of grades, have been underwhelming to say the least. I'm not surprised that they hardly ever get submitted or get put up for sale, it's just not worth it.

*Isolated incident.* grin.gif

If you need further evidence that the good Sergeant gets no respect, check out the prices that Mark Wilson just realized for his auctions of #22 and #25. These prices are ridiculous, barely over 1X Guide, and the #25 was a Northland Pedigree book with white pages! The winners got great deals.

I thought I would try to fill in the party with what I could find scaned.

I was never a fan of war books. In the collections I have bought over the years I have certainly aquired many of them, but I used to dump most of them in the .25 or $1 boxes. I even left holes in runs of 80 page giant and showcase runs to not have them in my main collection. I am not sure what I have in storage.

594563-sgtfury8.jpg.d19ef86f3a1ffd3042ebb68378b87571.jpg

I was never a fan of war books. In the collections I have bought over the years I have certainly aquired many of them, but I used to dump most of them in the .25 or $1 boxes. I even left holes in runs of 80 page giant and showcase runs to not have them in my main collection. I am not sure what I have in storage.

I think a lot of collectors felt the same way, which is why war books are much harder to find than mainstream superhero titles, particularly in HG.

Figured I'd give this neat little thread a bump by posting a couple of new books I got this weekend at the National.....as far as I can tell, these two have not been posted in this thread yet....

sgtfury15big.jpg

What is it with Sgt Fury's & cover date stamps. confused-smiley-013.gif

I purchased some from Heritage a while back and most have cover date stamps.

Then RedHook shows a scan and there's another one. foreheadslap.gif

Someone should start a thread called the Sgt Fury and his howling date stamps. yay.gif

Heh, I started the calendar year without a single Sgt Fury to my name and I'll end it only missing the stuff below from 1-121. It's been a wild year with a ton of online begging and networking! I wish I could get to cons more often because I know I'd find books like the ones you posted above to fill some gaps.

Great thread!

issue 3 and 13 are my 2 fav's

I finally found a NM copy of the final issue

--dont have a scan of my issue 3 but here is 13 (one of everyones fav cover of the series I believe)

scan0016.jpg

Anybody else add any Fury to their collections since last year?

It's nice to see this thread being resurrected, Brad! I completed my 1-100 run earlier this year. I'd say about 2/3rds of it is in VF or better. As I got closer to completing the run, I cared less and less about condition and filled it with whatever grade was available at the time. My # 1 is a Good minus, but the rest of the lower grade books (with just a few exceptions) are very presentable VG or better copies.

I believe that Sgt. Fury # 1 is the least commonly offered Marvel Silver Age key in any grade. At large cons I have attended in the last few years, I usually see as few or fewer copies of it than I do of JIM # 83 or even Hulk # 1.

I own numerous issues above 100, but I'm not worried about completing the entire run. 1-100 is good enough for me.

Cheers,

-Jim

I believe that Sgt. Fury # 1 is the least commonly offered Marvel Silver Age key in any grade. At large cons I have attended in the last few years, I usually see as few or fewer copies of it than I do of JIM # 83 or even Hulk # 1.

Definitely agree. Offered even less than TTA 27, in my opinion.

I own numerous issues above 100, but I'm not worried about completing the entire run. 1-100 is good enough for me.

There's only 47 more issues to go! makepoint.gif You gotta finish it! makepoint.gif