• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Shudder when CGC announces another comic show

47 posts in this topic

I just passed four months and my modern and value submissions are still in verified. Everytime I see CGC state that they are now accepting submissions at this show or that show, I know my little guys have to sit longer and longer in a dark lonely place and feel abandoned because I could not afford to get them home sooner.

Are you basing this on the misconception that it's the CGC graders who attend the shows?

There is no misconception about it. I met one of the graders at Florida Supercon just a few months ago. I even thought to myself why is he here instead of grading some books?

Maybe that's some free time for them. I mean these guys can't be locked in a room 24 hours a day grading comics. Although I know we wish that were happening

I just passed four months and my modern and value submissions are still in verified. Everytime I see CGC state that they are now accepting submissions at this show or that show, I know my little guys have to sit longer and longer in a dark lonely place and feel abandoned because I could not afford to get them home sooner.

Are you basing this on the misconception that it's the CGC graders who attend the shows?

Mike,didn't a boardie recently complain that earlier this year a grader WAS at a con witnessing signatures.

There was quite a kerfuffle made if I recall.

Was that a one-off?

It's the exception, not the rule - the graders are obviously present for the on-site grading shows (WW Chicago, WW Philly and Megacon this year), and some of them travel to NYCC and SDCC as well, but for all the other shows, the people manning the CGC booth aren't graders.

Sterling, Greedy might bethe correct term. Explain this to me about grader notes. Why should they not be a flat $2 across the board? They are being paid to grade your book so it is not an appraisal. There are reasons it gets a specific grade and because of that they keep notes on it. And by the way they probably have to do this so a grader can be asked by a higher up why it got a particular grade if need be. It all goes in a data base so sending out an email is not really to time consuming these days because of advanced technology and a minimal fee for that seems fair. But the ultimate gall is to charge more for one grader note over another. I think only calling that greedy is being very nice to say the least.

Mike,didn't a boardie recently complain that earlier this year a grader WAS at a con witnessing signatures.

Was that a one-off?

It's the exception, not the rule - the graders are obviously present for the on-site grading shows (WW Chicago, WW Philly and Megacon this year), and some of them travel to NYCC and SDCC as well, but for all the other shows, the people manning the CGC booth aren't graders.

Earlier this year the person manning the cgc booth at the StL comic con was a grader, they were not doing insite grading either as the show was small.

Was that a one-off?

Kerfuffle is a word that doesn't get enough play on these boards.

Was that a one-off?

Now part of my signature line....

Was that a one-off?

Earlier this year the person manning the cgc booth at the StL comic con was a grader, they were not doing insite grading either as the show was small.

At Supercon they were not doing onsite grading. The grader was taking submissions...

Was that a one-off?

Now part of my signature line....

Well I'm mildly disappointed.

Kerfuffle is something I would like to be associated with. :cloud9:

Usually it's "Andy70 is a frothing wierdo".

That's actually true quite often, but sometimes, just sometimes, I prefer a good old kerfuffle.

Or a Broughah.

Sometimes both.

Tonight,I'm in the mood for a good old Kerflooey (thumbs u

Was that a one-off?

At Supercon they were not doing onsite grading. The grader was taking submissions...

lol