• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising

1,571 posts in this topic

I loved that book.

But I'm a huge fan of this ole' writer.

Patrick

This almost makes up for failing to update your WTB list after not buying my very reasonably priced UXM 129.

Echo is my favourite Terry book and I REALLY like RR.

:o

Wow, really???

You know I love SiP and RR, but for some reason the premise of Echo didn't seem to interest me. But I love Terry Moore so maybe I'll have to pick up the Complete Edition. hm

I loved that book.

Patrick

This almost makes up for failing to update your WTB list after not buying my very reasonably priced UXM 129.

I wish I had known (if it was a CGC).

Patrick

I loved that book.

Patrick

I wish I had known (if it was a CGC).

Patrick

We discussed it via PM. :makepoint:

Echo is my favourite Terry book and I REALLY like RR.

:o

Wow, really???

You know I love SiP and RR, but for some reason the premise of Echo didn't seem to interest me. But I love Terry Moore so maybe I'll have to pick up the Complete Edition. hm

I always tell Terry that I think his talent is the ability to write realistic characters in any situation. Look at the dialogue in RR and then take a second to think about the situation again. The conversation between Rachel and her Aunt when she 1st wakes up. The conversation between anyone in the morgue. lol

Realistic human emotion in an unrealistic situation. He's really gifted.

I agree. I try to explain that when I describe his storytelling to friends when I talk about SiP and Rachel Rising. You genuinely care about the characters and start to believe they are real people that exist somewhere in the world.

I agree. I try to explain that when I describe his storytelling to friends when I talk about SiP and Rachel Rising. You genuinely care about the characters and start to believe they are real people that exist somewhere in the world.

Friends hm

:roflmao:

That scene in the hardware store with the rope still haunts me. I have a decent OA collection, and when I flip through I always pause and re-read those pages. The fact that Terry hand-letters all the dialogue himself is a rare thing these days.