• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising

1,571 posts in this topic

That "my house" line was brilliant in RR#37. I picked up the OA for that page from Terry immediately after reading it. This series continues to impress me with quick wit and true emotion, all nestled in a town where someone is getting brutally murdered on a daily basis.

Yup.

I briefly discussed with Terry recently and he said it's just really tough to maintain sales unless it's Batman or Star Wars related. :(

It's sad that so many people are missing such a great book with terrific characters. Everything seems to be a cash grab these days.

RR was the hottest thing at one time when there was TV speculation. Then when that never came to fruition, people dropped the book despite it being amazing. It's just sad.

Very sad news.

Not a big fan of the lack of support ongoing series are getting at the moment. I greatly prefer ongoing over minis and it seems that there are less and less people willing to stick with a title rather than chase the new #1 that comes out very few weeks.

In response, more and more artists are putting out minis but I just don't enjoy investing myself in a story that will be resolved in 4-6 issues. Nothing worse in my opinion than getting into a book only to realise a few issues in that it's a mini (eg Huck).

Coincidentally, I picked up a 9.8 blue of RR#1 this week. Proud to add it to my collection and will definitely read the full run again once it is over.

Very sad news.

Not a big fan of the lack of support ongoing series are getting at the moment. I greatly prefer ongoing over minis and it seems that there are less and less people willing to stick with a title rather than chase the new #1 that comes out very few weeks.

In response, more and more artists are putting out minis but I just don't enjoy investing myself in a story that will be resolved in 4-6 issues. Nothing worse in my opinion than getting into a book only to realise a few issues in that it's a mini (eg Huck).

Coincidentally, I picked up a 9.8 blue of RR#1 this week. Proud to add it to my collection and will definitely read the full run again once it is over.

I agree and it's why I don't buy Millar's books any longer.

Real bummer about Rising. Such a great book.

Patrick

There is a Terry Moore original drawing up for auction to benefit Larime Taylor over at Comics Heating Up at www.comicsheatingup.net/2016/02/02/larime-and-sylv-taylor-fundraiser-auctions/ . The starting price is like $100 if anyone is interested.