• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Reserve Amazing Spider-man 116/Spectacular Spider-man 1 (1968) Romita splash

21 posts in this topic

Page is for sale, possible cash/trade.

Link to auction.

Originally drawn for the Spectacular Spider-man magazine (1968) this page was reprinted as the 1st page splash in the Amazing Spider-man #116 storyline.

Page is signed by Romita Sr., Mooney, Lee and is in good shape.

Drop me a PM or an email with interest.

Thanks for looking!

R.

AmazingSpider-man116Splash.jpg

:rulez:

5. Use the ebay post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales.

IF the listing is a boards for sale as opposed to an off-site link:

1. It must list purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

Thanks guys. I've edited the listing to try to conform to all the rules. I'm new to posting in this end of the forum.

I've had a few tire kickers. If anyone has an interest I'm open to discussion.

(thumbs u

Wow, Roy! What a beast of a page you picked up there!

I absolutely love it but it's time for me to part with it.

No reserve auction is up for anyone to bid.

:)

I can't pretend to know, I don't follow the market closely. In some respects it does seem cheap for a romita spidey splash but on the other hand its not part of the proper ASM continuity except as a later reprint. Tough call. It may have gone for more on heritage but then roy would be stuck with more fees, and a long wait. I mean if it goes for 17 grand on heritage but he has 20% more fees, he's not even ahead at all hardly and he's had to wait 2 months or more.

But I'll let Roy chime in, I am just guessing! (shrug)

I thought it went cheap. I was into the piece for more.

It is a Romita Sr. splash, published twice (1968 and 1973), it's got a decent Spidey figure (many splashes don't even contain Spidey) and it's in good condition.

I suppose what it had going against it was that it wasn't a battle scene and like Bronty said it was not a part of regular continuity (ASM title).

I suppose time of year might have had something to do with the auction price. In comics I notice weak results in November and December but I'm not sure if art has the same problem.

Oh well, the new owner is happy with the deal. :D

I won it. Roy's right I'm very happy with the deal. I thought it was headed higher. I'm a huge romita spidey fan. Also, I personally really like that era with Mooney inking Romita, and, others may disagree, but I feel that both Romita and Mooney put something extra into that magazine (was it marvel's first one?) in an attempt to make it stand apart from the comic, and that was a prime period to begin with. Plus it's larger art than modern size by about 1.5 inches in both directions because of the magazine format which counts for something in my book. Finally I just like the art. Perhaps others might be holding out for a silver age ASM page 1 splash or a super villain scene but to me this is every bit as good.

-Peter