• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2004 Why so serious at CGC booth?

9 posts in this topic

The past few days I've been walking by the booth, and it seems like everyone is not having a fun time. Everybody there has a serious look on their face. Tried chatting with one employee, and I tell ya there's nothing like making conversation and knowing immediately that no one is really listening to you. Maybe it was the time of day that I stopped by. Maybe I didn't look like a high roller and they only smile for high rollers? Maybe they realize at the end of the convention that they've got to return home to the mountain of books that are waiting for them in Sarasota? Maybe I didn't hang around long enough for their moods to change? Or, maybe I'm just forgetting that it's a business and not a club.

They were all super nice when I met em in Dallas.

They were friendly at the booth, but very busy...and i can imagine its probably 10x that in San Diego. IF they are oging to the diner thats the place to get some good convo in.

The CGC staff that I met at Wizard World Dallas with were friendly and chatty as can be. I had a wonderful time at the convention talking to them and I had a GREAT time at the forum dinner. Meeting Steve B. and some of the staff was the highlight of the convention for me. I hope to attend this year as well.

Maybe they were swamped or something at the time. I stopped by and submitted a few books and they were nice and friendly guys

I think it was probably the time. Looked like alot of attention was on setting up or rearranging their booth area.

I think that they are glum because they left Paul Litch back at home chained to his desk to catch up on moderns and realized they forgot to leave him some food. 893whatthe.gif

Gemma's not there either (cue Mary Tyler Moore show theme music). frown.gif

Plus, I'm not there to provide relief to CGC staff with my Kramer-esque physical comedy and deep insights into the human condition. makepoint.gif

Maybe I didn't look like a high roller and they only smile for high rollers?

I can tell you that they talk to EVERYBODY, not just high rollers. Maybe it was just bad timing when you came by, but not to worry, as I will be going down to Sarasota next week to help put back smiles on everybody's faces! grin.gif