• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if CGC had one flat grade and one premium

40 posts in this topic

I t would be hard to have a busines in which your shop has many submissions to CGC, it would be a list of dusty CGC receipts on the top drawer...."For April 2013," "For June 2013"....

Increase rates. Most people are willing to pay more to reduce times. No FT...all the same, just more expensive, with more workers getting paid accordingly.

So less options for more money?

Since everytime someone complains about the delay the answer is pay 58% more eliminate the economy/modern and fast grades and keep all the grading in one group for a flat fee. I'd pay that if the books came back sooner. What it will do will eliminate all the Modern speculators and low end books being graded. Maybe it will eliminate Moderns completly because who is going to pay $$ for those books.

And why would CGC be motivated to essentially eliminate a source of revenue for themselves? I'm guessing that CGC does not want to say to anyone that essentially we are trying to price people out of submitting because you have low end books or are a moderns speculator.

Since we and our fellow collectors are addicted to CGC’ing books they will not only increase their revenue but also have a STANDARD turnaround for a single service. doh!

You're assuming that your idea would lead to increased revenue. I have no idea if it would or not and neither do you. It's irrelevant anyway as the CGC would never do what you're suggesting.

Again, the CGC will not introduce a pricing system that says to an existing customer base, we don't want you as a customer anymore. Attempting to institute a pricing structure that eliminates speculators is taking money out of the CGC's hands. You're assuming that a flat rate submission would not only eliminate the backlog but would also make up for the revenue lost from alienating the speculators. Pretty big assumption.

Oh, and I am not addicted to slabbing comics.

I hear you... point I'm making is many (not everyone) is not satisfied with the turnaround times which are taking longer and longer in some cases 6 months for an Economy book to finally be returned. If the only suggestion is to pay the Fast track then why bother with Economy? Back to the Moderns I still haven't heard a really compelling arguement why they are graded? Is it just because you can grade a Modern for $18 (way less then any other service). Or is it for the chase?

Back to the Moderns I still haven't heard a really compelling arguement why they are graded? Is it just because you can grade a Modern for $18 (way less then any other service). Or is it for the chase?

Some do it for SS. The others? I have no idea why beyond simply, they want to. (shrug) It makes little sense to me as well but I don't begrudge people for doing it. It's their money after all.

I'd rather put that cash into 30-50 year old comics I will truly enjoy. For those people that slab moderns, that's what they enjoy.

Back in the 80s, I bought almost exclusively new comics. I wish I'd had the foresight to take some of that cash and put it into older comics. My collection by now would contain far more GA/SA/BA boxes than CA boxes. However, what I enjoyed back then was buying and reading new comics.

Someone help me just why are Moderns the bread and butter? Is it because of the huge volume of books submitted with the hopes the grade 9.8-10.0 will be the hype for some sucker to pay stupid $$$.

Most Moderns graded will never pay back for their grading fees when sold.

Why not increase the turn on Moderns and decrease the turn on Economy since it is more expensive?

It has nothing to do with someone trying to make their money back. CGC doesn't control the prices that books sell for.

Moderns are bread and butter because there are lots of moderns being graded.

They are easier to grade than a ratty GA or SA book that is falling apart or an expensive high grade SA/GA book and they are plentiful.

Roy just help me out why do people grade them?

Or are they just throwing their $$$ away?

No real furture value? and you can't read them after they are graded.

Inquiring minds need to know

(shrug)

Because what you collect rocks and what we collect sucks?

:shrug:

Someone help me just why are Moderns the bread and butter? Is it because of the huge volume of books submitted with the hopes the grade 9.8-10.0 will be the hype for some sucker to pay stupid $$$.

Why not increase the turn on Moderns and decrease the turn on Economy since it is more expensive?

It has nothing to do with someone trying to make their money back. CGC doesn't control the prices that books sell for.

They are easier to grade than a ratty GA or SA book that is falling apart or an expensive high grade SA/GA book and they are plentiful.

Plus, they don't do a page count on moderns.

(shrug)

This. Plus it rocks even more when you are posting insane screeds about Eastern File Copies.

I think CGC should stop grading everything except moderns so all these old, intolerant fartbags heads will explode.

Plus, they don't do a page count on moderns.
Have they gone public with this piece of information? I thought they page counted everything.

It's because nobody cares how many pages are in a Modern as long as it says 9.8 in the top left :gossip:

(shrug)

This. Plus it rocks even more when you are posting insane screeds about Eastern File Copies.

I think CGC should stop grading everything except moderns so all these old, intolerant fartbags heads will explode.

What if I only dislike what a few people collect...mainly because I dislike them personally? hm

(shrug)

What if I only dislike what a few people collect...mainly because I dislike them personally? hm

I would say stop being mean to my comic books.

(shrug)

The KING OF COMICS wipes his arse with your collection.

(shrug)

Hey, I like your comic books...I guess you're OK too (shrug)