• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman takes off his underwear

37 posts in this topic

superman-300-jpg_165923.jpg

No red undies (or is it ovies) in the next Superman. I hate it when films take too much creative liberties in the development of their characters, especially the physical appearance of iconic characters like Supes.

No red undies (or is it ovies) in the next Superman. I hate it when films take too much creative liberties in the development of their characters, especially the physical appearance of iconic characters like Supes.

He looks like he needs to take a dump.

Or he's about to let one rip. That's how the cape moves.

I don't believe Superman has his red undies in the New 52 any more. It's my understanding this visual change was done in part as a response to the lawsuit by the Siegel heirs.

Not saying I like it, but I don't think this decision originated with the folks doing the film.

I don't believe Superman has his red undies in the New 52 any more. It's my understanding this visual change was done in part as a response to the lawsuit by the Siegel heirs.

Not saying I like it, but I don't think this decision originated with the folks doing the film.

Exactly what I was about to say. Gotta look at how things are in the New 52.

Here's a pic of the first Superman panel, taken from my Action 1 wrap.What a difference.

1stwrappanalpics009.jpg

NuSuperman sports a nehru collar with his unitard.

The movie-Superman looks weird with a belt buckle, no belt.

Maybe if the touches it the whole suit sucks into it, like Flash's ring. To go to the can or whatnot.

Superman-New-52-concept-art-Jim-Lee.jpg

Or he's about to let one rip. That's how the cape moves.

That's how he takes off flying.

I guess we now know the real reason why he is called the Man of Steel.

:grin:

The new Superman costumes blows! Why the heck does it look like armor? Is he supposed to be wearing that armor under his civvies?
Lets be honest, no matter what the costume is made of, the cape isn't fitting under his civvies.

I miss brighter colors.
Amen brother. Fire engine red, Royal Blue, Canary yellow.

I'm not even a Superman fan but this, +1000

The spidey version is: Fire engine red, Royal Blue, and White god-damn eyes