• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Firsts

83 posts in this topic

Are any of these going for over cover already?

I've sold about 5 TOT and 5 Sagas at 1.50 plus shipping

Interesting. I went to 4 LCSs today, and the one that was well stocked on Wednesday was basically sold out, along with two smaller ones that were all sold out. One store still has 10 - 20 of each so I might go grab a few more.

I am surprised that the WD issue is not going for stupid prices already.......

Just completed my back issues run of the Image First #1 Walking Dead set :banana: I should be getting my newest Image First Walking Dead #1 in the mail this week as well. My favorite one out of the bunch has to be the AMC promo variant this book comes with posters of the cast of the show

I know the FCBD back has a different bar code than the "Collect them all" back. Does the AMC promo back have a different bar code than the other two?

As you can see, there are three different bar codes:

top - 709853013167 - most recent, End Times ad on back, no black bar on front cover

middle - 709853010548 - "collect them all" back, no black bar on top front cover

bottom - 709853008637 - FCBD back, black bar on top front cover

I used these barcodes to help ID the comics on ebay when no picture of the back was provided. Can you look at your AMC back and tell us what the barcode is?

2012-12-20065553_zps52dea2ad.jpg

Check out the estimated print runs for the recent Image Firsts line:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-12.html

125 Image Firsts Walking Dead 1 $1.00 Image 16,253

175 Image Firsts Saga 1 $1.00 Image 10,536

240 Image Firsts Thief of Thieves 1 $1.00 Image 6,292

251 Image Firsts Manhattan Projects 1 $1.00 Image 5,763

256 Image Firsts Chew 1 $1.00 Image 5,574

264 Image Firsts Fatale 1 $1.00 Image 5,330

280 Image Firsts Revival 1 $1.00 Image 5,012

It will be interesting to see if any of them start to spike in price based on the print runs.

That's pretty crazy. I bought these just to give away. It will be crazier if like in a year the Saga Image First is a $30 book. hm

At the rate that book has taken off I will not be surprised. I bought a few of each of them to sell at local shows for cover or a smidge more, but I am now thinking of slapping $10 apiece on them to see what happens.

That's pretty crazy. I bought these just to give away. It will be crazier if like in a year the Saga Image First is a $30 book. hm

At the rate that book has taken off I will not be surprised. I bought a few of each of them to sell at local shows for cover or a smidge more, but I am now thinking of slapping $10 apiece on them to see what happens.

I don't know.

WD #1 didn't have second printings so the Image Firsts WD 1 going up in value makes sense.

Saga #1 had five printings PLUS an Image First. So I don't really think it will climb above $10 / a piece raw.

Bumping this thread to follow up on Ryan's and JL's posts. $10 is a fair price for a 9.8 Saga Image Firsts, and graded sells for more than $30.