• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 222 the Beatles cover by Adams waht is it worth... with a staple pop

29 posts in this topic

I have a chance to buy this book that presents as a NM- book with nice gloss on the cover and off-white to white pages. It was part of an originally owned collection. The only issue with it is that the bottom staple is not attached to the cover.

What would something like this be worth? Sorry but I don't have a scan. It truly is NM- at worst.

Thanks for any help.

mathew

really need a scan or a photo at least but

Overstreet Values

Overstreet doesn't value NM+. NM+ values are ours.

Near Mint + $ 187.00

Near Mint - $ 110.00

Very Fine $ 48.00

Fine $ 21.00

Very Good $ 14.00

Good $ 7.00

source: newkadia

By coincidence, Worldwide has one that closely matches your description with a asking price of $300. It is the Twin Cities copy with the lower staple cleanly pulled through the cover. They list it as 9.6 (Q) so higher grade.

http://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=Batman_222_44417

(IMO, obviously) No book with a blown staple is above 7.5. That is a $40-50 book. It will never be worth $300 or $70 and wishing won't make it so.

By coincidence, Worldwide has one that closely matches your description with a asking price of $300. It is the Twin Cities copy with the lower staple cleanly pulled through the cover. They list it as 9.6 (Q) so higher grade.

(IMO, obviously) No book with a blown staple is above 7.5. That is a $40-50 book. It will never be worth $300 or $70 and wishing won't make it so.

I agree Sean. I'm not advocating that the price is reasonable or the grade is accurate - just sharing as I saw it listed earlier when I looked at their site and noticed this thread.

The seller would like $70 for it. I am thinking of flipping it, to buy a copy without the staple issue, and wondered if it is worth my time.

Thanks

No.

Bats 222 is notorious for a popped lower staple. I finally got a copy this year, graded FN with the popped staple as the only big defect. To me a popped staple on an otherwise solid copy is no better than FN tops.

You are even harsher than I am . . . (worship)

Throw the guide out on this book. I think this book is similar to 227 in appeal (to a lesser extend). I see mid-grade copies get snapped up fairly quickly for good prices, even on the boards. I sold a Fine copy this year for $55. I'm not saying that you should buy it for $70, but look at actual sales to determine whether the price is fair.

Throw the guide out on this book. I think this book is similar to 227 in appeal (to a lesser extend). I see mid-grade copies get snapped up fairly quickly for good prices, even on the boards. I sold a Fine copy this year for $55. I'm not saying that you should buy it for $70, but look at actual sales to determine whether the price is fair.

Yeah, it's a red hot book. I sold a nice 9.0 with a staple pop at C2E2 last year for $60 or $70. During setup. To a dealer. (shrug)

Took me forever to find my raw high grade copy. Of the ten or so I have bought at shows or in collections, I would say 75% have had a staple pop. So weird.

On another note, that is the book that brought me to these Boards. I was watching Ewert's auctions, and could not believe the quality of a 9.6 Bats 222. I had been looking for a nice one for sooooo long. Tried to find info on who he was and how he had so many incredible books, and BOOM! these Boards.

I lurked for 18 months, unlike these brashass n00bs that bust in and starting pouring themselves a beer from day one. :preach:

WWC has a Twin Cities copy they grade at 9.6 (Q) that just got listed today.

Bush beat Gore!!!