• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another CGC frustration

127 posts in this topic

Don't forget there's also the possibility of it being tampered with by cracking the slab without breaking the post and switching labels.

I think this happened a lot more often than we wish to believe it did.

But in this case the "R written on the cover" proves the book and Label match

That. And you're not the first to report this problem of sending in a Universal book and getting back a PLOD.

So their ability to find trimming more accurately has improved. After the Ewert fiasco, I thought that was what everyone wanted. :(

Not when it screws up a CPR Bingo.

I play C - R Bingo

I don't think I'd send a label. I'm not sure if it would affect the grade or not, but why take that chance.

If you don't send in the label, won't it create duplicate entries on the census? I know I found instances of this with a Sensation Comics #1. Maybe it's not as big of a deal with Silver Age, but there are so few GA books (in many cases) that overstating the census by sending in a resub without the label can really affect overall value of the book.

Or did they catch this because of their non-existent list of Ewert suspicious books?

Are you even reading my posts, ?

Your post does not reference a list created and distributed by CGC. You might remember the gnashing of teeth when CGC took the position they couldn't say proactively?

I don't think I'd send a label. I'm not sure if it would affect the grade or not, but why take that chance.

If you don't send in the label, won't it create duplicate entries on the census? I know I found instances of this with a Sensation Comics #1. Maybe it's not as big of a deal with Silver Age, but there are so few GA books (in many cases) that overstating the census by sending in a resub without the label can really affect overall value of the book.

Can't you contact them and have them remove the book from the census?

Don't forget there's also the possibility of it being tampered with by cracking the slab without breaking the post and switching labels.

Good call. I can't read the label.

I'd submit it again. What do you have to lose at this point?

Integrity? (shrug)

I assume you're referring to resubmitting a book that's been assessed as trimmed, hoping it gets through the next time without being noticed and then selling without disclosure?

Ewert book? hm

Quite possibly. :eek:

Here is information that Dav was kind enough to provide to me when I was inquiring about Ewert books. The spreadsheet is still out there:

Hey Seanfingh, your book is on the Ewert list. There's an Excel spreadsheet from 2005 that still online, put together by sterlingcomics.

If you punch your books serial (0098407002) into Google's search you'll see the link (just listed as "Info"). Left-click that "Info" and "save target as" to download and save the spreadsheet. (thumbs u

Anyway, I didn't post the link to it because I hope it stays up online. I don't know if any legal wranglings might get it yanked from public access. (shrug)

I have an Ewert List and there is no Strange Tales 115 on it.

Good call. I can't read the label.

I'd submit it again. What do you have to lose at this point?

Integrity? (shrug)

I assume you're referring to resubmitting a book that's been assessed as trimmed, hoping it gets through the next time without being noticed and then selling without disclosure?

Loss of integrity indeed.

It's all about disclosure again.

This thread has the potential to reach 100 pages.

Ewert book? hm

Quite possibly. :eek:

Here is information that Dav was kind enough to provide to me when I was inquiring about Ewert books. The spreadsheet is still out there:

Hey Seanfingh, your book is on the Ewert list. There's an Excel spreadsheet from 2005 that still online, put together by sterlingcomics.

If you punch your books serial (0098407002) into Google's search you'll see the link (just listed as "Info"). Left-click that "Info" and "save target as" to download and save the spreadsheet. (thumbs u

Anyway, I didn't post the link to it because I hope it stays up online. I don't know if any legal wranglings might get it yanked from public access. (shrug)

I have an Ewert List and there is no Strange Tales 115 on it.

I have a Ewert list with two Strange Tales #115 on it, but they're the Pac Coast and Western PA copies (he submitted the Pac Coast copy twice), and not the comic in question.

Well I had the reverse happen earlier this year. I bought an Avengers #4 which was a an 8.0 Apparent SP (minor clr touch, staples replaced, c/f reattached) - I had it pressed, resubmitted and it came back 7.5 in a blue label

(worship) I take back everything I've ever said about pressing. It truly is Magic. And, as we all well know, Magic isn't considered restoration.

Muggle, no more!! Smiley_Wizard.gif