• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

11 posts in this topic

The most important book of the bronze age IMO. Beautiful, glossy and sharp CGC NM 9.4, Stan Lee signature on 1st interior page, a common place for his signature, but not witnessed by CGC. Excellent off White page quality. Tightly Graded Old CGC Label Goodness! :cloud9:

GPA Averages: Last Sale $1,554, 90 day $1,366, 12 months $1,395.

Board price..$1,335 paypal, $30 discount for cashiers check/money order. FREE SHIPPING. Reasonable payment terms available if you PM me what you need in advance.

My kudos thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=5066117&Searchpage=3&Main=233790&Words=TC33&topic=0&Search=true#Post5066117

132365.jpg.05ffb9e94dbe07b96adec28f5d63db47.jpg

CGC does not publish their grading standards, so if it could get a 9.4 with an interior creator signature, I don't know why it could not also get a 9.6 with it? I have seen 9.6 books look like this, but 9.4 represents a very nice book also and those two grades are so close, it just depends on the graders you get that given day. I have owned several nice copies of this book and this is one of the brightest and whitest covers I have ever seen.

It's most likely a 9.4 with or without the interior signature - even though CGC treats the sig as a defect when the book is in a blue label holder, the actual impact of the defect on the grade is miniscule.

I've seen plenty of blue label 9.8s with an interior sig - I'm fairly certain a 9.9 book would be knocked down to a 9.8 due to an interior sig, though.