• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian, Where have you been???

128 posts in this topic

Welcome. If you let us in on some of your areas of interest, as Supa suggested, we can probably give you some links to threads you might find are up your alley.

Red

I appreciate that Red. At this particular point, I'm just absorbing the forum, checking out everyone's links, seeing what sells and what people are selling, deciding on what I want to collect (besides Teen Titans and Buffy((pant-pant))), deciding if I should send any comics to CGC (Space Patrol 1 and 2, Tom Mix Westerns 21), so, I kinda don't know where I'm heading yet.

As I'm checking out the list of who is on line,I come across the roster saying Ian is reading this very thread. What a freaking loser. Loses his race to get a complete collection,loses his temper,never really had any sort of class to begin with.Kind of reminds me of Drax after Capt. Marvell killed Thanos the first time around. Marginiley sane in the first place,he just went deep over the edge! hi.gif

I'm not sure where so many people got the idea that he was in a race. He never said such a thing, and in fact, acknowledged that there were others who had already completed their collections. He was just trying to complete his own.

-- Joanna

It is because people like tro trash other people. They get a kick out of it. It makes them feel special for the few moments they are typing. And makes them feel part of a perceived in-crowd.

Also - regarding the recent complete DC - DID it include all that Ian was going for?

As I'm checking out the list of who is on line,I come across the roster saying Ian is reading this very thread. What a freaking loser. Loses his race to get a complete collection,loses his temper,never really had any sort of class to begin with.Kind of reminds me of Drax after Capt. Marvell killed Thanos the first time around. Marginiley sane in the first place,he just went deep over the edge! hi.gif

Boy shadroch...you make it SO easy for me to add you to my "ignore list". You always say really stupid things on these boards. This little dig on Ian, who never did anything to you and was nothing but a polite gentleman to me, is my last straw bothering to read your posts. As David Spade would've said on SNL, Bu-Bye!

(**You are now ignoring this user**)

I'm not sure where so many people got the idea that he was in a race. He never said such a thing, and in fact, acknowledged that there were others who had already completed their collections. He was just trying to complete his own.

-- Joanna

It is because people like tro trash other people. They get a kick out of it. It makes them feel special for the few moments they are typing. And makes them feel part of a perceived in-crowd.

Also - regarding the recent complete DC - DID it include all that Ian was going for?

Since I assume you are speaking of me,I'll tell you why I like to trash Ian. Its because he came in here and brought nothing but grief to people I consider friends. Someone hits the lottery and discovers one of the rarest DCs and is pictured as being a scumbag because he doesn't want to sell it to Ian.

Its because of his contacting another collector in spite of being told not to,and then dragging her through the mud when she doesn't respond to him. It's because.... I could go on and on,but hopefully you've gotten the point.

His remarks about Darths son,his unhealthy obsessions...

What would you say of a man who stated he has no use for any of us,threatened a member,stated he is leaving and is never coming back,then lurks,reading our comments but doesn't have the balls to respond.

But,I guess you've got me pegged. I'm desperate to get in with the in-crowd.Could some one point me in the right direction?

Since I assume you are speaking of me

Honestly Shad, I was not referrng to you. And I THINK my record here shows I am not afraid to confront an individual. It is something I have seen on the boards and commented about quite specifically a few times in the past. Last I recall was about the dealer who might have pressed books and all it took was one generalized observation for folks to just start joining in with more non-specific comments or comments that just echoed the previous without substantiation. It reahced the pojt where I and one or two others had to ask for details and little was forthcoming. (MAN this is gonna make me even MORE popular!)

I would apologize to you if I had MEANT you, but since I didn;t I won't and hope you accept my non-apology.

What were the last books he was looking for?

Tech 3 and 4 along with 2 New Adventers in the 20s I think.

I don't recall the exct numbers.

Ian is now [!@#%^&^] off people in the Comicsbuyers price guide forum making private issues public!

...are you sure it's the same Ian?...Ian Levine?...I'm sorry it just doesn't sound like him.....

What were the last books he was looking for?

Tech 3 and 4 along with 2 New Adventers in the 20s I think.

I don't recall the exct numbers.

Detective 3 and 4 ???? confused-smiley-013.gif

news.gif Word on the street is he managed to get the 2 missing Detectives, so now he only has 2 to go. He's also in the process of upgrading his collection. I heard that Matt Nelson recently viewed his fabulous collection in London & also Ian upgraded his Action # 1. news.gif