• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian, Where have you been???

128 posts in this topic

As I'm checking out the list of who is on line,I come across the roster saying Ian is reading this very thread. What a freaking loser. Loses his race to get a complete collection,loses his temper,never really had any sort of class to begin with.Kind of reminds me of Drax after Capt. Marvell killed Thanos the first time around. Marginiley sane in the first place,he just went deep over the edge! hi.gif

Boy shadroch...you make it SO easy for me to add you to my "ignore list". You always say really stupid things on these boards. This little dig on Ian, who never did anything to you and was nothing but a polite gentleman to me, is my last straw bothering to read your posts. As David Spade would've said on SNL, Bu-Bye!

(**You are now ignoring this user**)

PROMISE?

Maybe now we'll be able to have some intelligent discourse over in the WC!

Since I assume you are speaking of me

Honestly Shad, I was not referrng to you. And I THINK my record here shows I am not afraid to confront an individual. It is something I have seen on the boards and commented about quite specifically a few times in the past. Last I recall was about the dealer who might have pressed books and all it took was one generalized observation for folks to just start joining in with more non-specific comments or comments that just echoed the previous without substantiation. It reahced the pojt where I and one or two others had to ask for details and little was forthcoming. (MAN this is gonna make me even MORE popular!)

I would apologize to you if I had MEANT you, but since I didn;t I won't and hope you accept my non-apology.

I do,sort of,in a friendly fashion,more or less. I am not one for trash talking,really. In almost three years and almost 3,000 posts there have been very few non-shills that have gotten under my skin. Mr Levine and his unholy quest has been the rare exception.His obsession and his dehumanizing everything and one that dared to stand in his way rubbed me raw. Then when I did a little basic googling and read about his business practices in his choosen field,it simply made me sick.

Does anyone really think it was a coincidence that the very week the article about someone completing their DC collection appeared in Scoop,that Ian had his final hissy fit and swore off the boards. If he didn't consider himself in a race to complete his set,can anyone expain why he sent seveal thousands of dollars to people who were obviously trying to scam him?

Ian is now [!@#%^&^] off people in the Comicsbuyers price guide forum making private issues public!

...are you sure it's the same Ian?...Ian Levine?...I'm sorry it just doesn't sound like him.....

Ok [!@#%^&^] of is a bad word.

There was someone using the same name there that got upset at being taken for soem money and I didnt look at the dates properly. it was nt anythign resent so I owe Ian an apology.

Sorry dude

Ian sent me an extremely lenghty pm this morning marked HIGHLY PRIVATE AND COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL or some such nonsense. I deleted it unread. If and when he chooses to return,I'll be happy to converse with him.

Ian sent me an extremely lenghty pm this morning marked HIGHLY PRIVATE AND COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL or some such nonsense. I deleted it unread. If and when he chooses to return,I'll be happy to converse with him.

Same here but I read mine and he had a point so I printed my retraction on that alone.

I still think he is a twit

If he didn't consider himself in a race to complete his set,can anyone expain why he sent seveal thousands of dollars to people who were obviously trying to scam him?

Honestly? (stupid preface but common so confused-smiley-013.gif). My impression was Ian let his desire for the books get ahead of common sense.

If he didn't consider himself in a race to complete his set,can anyone expain why he sent seveal thousands of dollars to people who were obviously trying to scam him?

Honestly? (stupid preface but common so confused-smiley-013.gif). My impression was Ian let his desire for the books get ahead of common sense.

Exactly.

Who among us hasn't made an occasional ill-advised purchase off eBay, not because we're racing against someone else, but just because we're collectors and we're interested in getting on with it. (Not that most us take it to the extreme of our own English Impatient wink.gif).

Just to set the record straight, Ian didn't storm off at the point the other collector completed her DC run. Dam60 brought that news to the forum on July 9. Ian's last post was July 6, in response to being reported to eBay for his want-list non-auction. My take on it was he left not because of being reported, but because of the glee some here took in rubbing it in his face that they had reported him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Look: If ya wanna be mad at Ian for his dealings with Metro or the New York area dealer who sold to Metro instead of Ian, that's fine. But based solely on his behaviour on this message board (the only 1st-hand interaction I've had with the guy), I find him to be far from the most obnoxious poster here.

Still not sure why all the piling on. confused.gif

Why does anyone read these boards - for knowledge? for friendship? for some perverse sexual need? may be all of these - but at the end of the day... it's for entertainment...?

Ian was entertaining! Simple as that!

And the fact is, he was much more entertaining (and interesting) than ANYONE else on these boards.

The masses - i.e. the safe, tedious, liberal lumps that chatter on endlessly about nothing are NOT entertaining.

If I can draw attention to the parallels to Big Brother - everyone always votes off the people who mix it up - make a name for themselves above the faceless ones - the real characters are the ones we should be cherishing!

I challenge any of you limp-wristed yanks to be half as intersting as Ian!

If not, beg the DC Brother to come back!

I want to see that thread.... "ONE to go" and the climax!

p.s. the use of term "yanks" is purely inflamatory. Feel free to have a go!

I'm with you....I have always been most attracted to the self-obsessed boob segment of the boards, someday, ....with a little luck, I'd like to call myself their leader...... hi.gif Back in 5 minutes,...I need to take care of a perverse sexual need with my limp wrist. In case you are missing the sarcasm....... makepoint.gif

I challenge any of you limp-wristed yanks to be half as intersting as Ian!...p.s. the use of term "yanks" is purely inflamatory. Feel free to have a go!

Ewan, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "Are you married?" and hearing "My wife left me this morning," or saying, uh, "Do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Ewan, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner. But you're alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I'm so fed up with all this. I want to make love with you, Ewan. I'm a good lover - at least, used to be, back in the early 14th century. Can we go to bed?

I challenge any of you limp-wristed yanks to be half as intersting as Ian!...p.s. the use of term "yanks" is purely inflamatory. Feel free to have a go!

Ewan, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "Are you married?" and hearing "My wife left me this morning," or saying, uh, "Do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Ewan, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner. But you're alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I'm so fed up with all this. I want to make love with you, Ewan. I'm a good lover - at least, used to be, back in the early 14th century. Can we go to bed?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

"people are strange ....when your a stranger....."

You see... that's more like it - although this was a little too Alan Moore for my liking. tongue.gif Can't we stick to the more straight forward abuse like my highly damaging "limp-wristed" shot?

p.s. And although it was a little forward, I'd love to go to bed with you. Are you well hung? And which 'role' do you assume? xxx

You see... that's more like it - although this was a little too Alan Moore for my liking. tongue.gif Can't we stick to the more straight forward abuse like my highly damaging "limp-wristed" shot?

p.s. And although it was a little forward, I'd love to go to bed with you. Are you well hung? And which 'role' do you assume? xxx

pepole pepole can we stay one topic

sign-offtopic.gif

Well, let's say my favorite sandwich is pastrami on a "bulkie roll". (not sure if you will get that - it is an Americanism - or maybe just a Massachusettsism).