• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found. On a friday!!!

36 posts in this topic

I walked into my LCS today at 1 o'clock, and found comicspro Thief of Thiever number one and a walking dead 81comicspro sitting on the shelf! TOT was 9.99 and WD was 13.99. I asked him where these came from and he said, I dunno, they just sent them with my order. SCORE!!

I walked into my LCS today at 1 o'clock, and found comicspro Thief of Thiever number one and a walking dead 81comicspro sitting on the shelf! TOT was 9.99 and WD was 13.99. I asked him where these came from and he said, I dunno, they just sent them with my order. SCORE!!

(worship)

No offence to my American cousins, but how does the Lcs not know what he has?

Has he heard of the Internet?

Has he been told of Feebay??

Same sort of thing has been said on other threads with boardies walking into their Lcs recently and finding PP and Saga#1's on the shelves.

So bloody envious!! Ha ha

I really need a trip Stateside..........

Same sort of thing has been said on other threads with boardies walking into their Lcs recently and finding PP and Saga#1's on the shelves.

happens fairly often. i bought 3 copies of WD Weekly #19 for cover when they were going for $25 a piece. someone found a copy of WD #1 at a convention for around $1 earlier this year. i mean, i've found quite a few $15-30 for cover at LCS.

The LCS by me have their stuff priced at double eBay before they are even on the shelves. :sumo:

+1

Example: I asked about Bravest Warriors, he said "I've got one I'll see you for $30"

Example: I asked about X-Men #141 (VG/F), he said "$75"

Nice pickup... yes, I'm jealous. :)

The LCS by me have their stuff priced at double eBay before they are even on the shelves. :sumo:

+1

Example: I asked about Bravest Warriors, he said "I've got one I'll see you for $30"

Example: I asked about X-Men #141 (VG/F), he said "$75"

Nice pickup... yes, I'm jealous. :)

This is more like it, sift through long boxes find a couple books for under what they go for on Ebay and get the register only to hear "I need to price these".

I bought an NM+ copy of NYX #3 about 6 months ago for $8 from my LCS. That's an $80 raw book all day long, and I bought it for OSPG price. Some LCS owners are just not interested in being on the internet and finding out what's hot.

Some stores are more on the ball than others. May depend on the number of back issues they have to look through to find comics that are just now getting hot and the number of staff available for the task.

A smaller LCS by my work routinely has 8-day-old "hot" comics above cover (allowing for a week of buying it at cover). The only back issues they have are relatively recent.

Compare them to my pull list LCS where I can still find good deals on back issues; new releases and ones from the long boxes. They have hundreds of long boxes to keep track of. Recently bought a BA "key" for $3 (was marked $6 but there was a sale) and sold for $65. Interestingly, that store's website had the comic for sale at $75, so not sure what happened there.