• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet's World of Comics Video (1993)

28 posts in this topic

Then I must be old as dirt,cause I remember these as entertainment. :eek:

projectors061.jpg

lol walking into class, just seeing one of these meant it was going to be a good day, regardless of how awful the video was.

And if you were into comics, chances are some of your friends were running it. :D

Then I must be old as dirt,cause I remember these as entertainment. :eek:

projectors061.jpg

lol walking into class, just seeing one of these meant it was going to be a good day, regardless of how awful the video was.

And if you were into comics, chances are some of your friends were running it. :D

Friends?

The vid is a great reminder of how much fun it was to be a comic collector 20 years ago. Thanks for posting it.

Interesting how they really made a big deal out of Spawn and Todd McFarlane back then.

It seems like everybody they interviewed loved Spawn.

Considering he'd had at least 2 comics sell over a million copies each in the 3 years leading up to that convention and Spawn was only a year old and at the height of its popularity, it would only make sense that they would put some focus on one of the most popular creators at that time.

The vid is a great reminder of how much fun it was to be a comic collector 20 years ago. Thanks for posting it.

Interesting how they really made a big deal out of Spawn and Todd McFarlane back then.

Considering he'd had at least 2 comics sell over a million copies each in the 3 years leading up to that convention and Spawn was only a year old and at the height of its popularity, it would only make sense that they would put some focus on one of the most popular creators at that time.

Ah I see. So Todd McFarlane and Spawn were the Robert Kirkman and Walking Dead of their generation. :)

Ah I see. So Todd McFarlane and Spawn were the Robert Kirkman and Walking Dead of their generation. :)

No, that would have been Stephen Hughes and Lady Death :P