• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF Fantasy 15 on ebay. Would you be concerned?

52 posts in this topic

i am watching this auction as well but as a spectator. what i would recommend doing and what i have done in the past in a very similar situation, is contact the seller. very politely articulate your concerns. ask if he could send you a new photo with the slab next to today's newspaper or a piece of paper with something written on it to your specification. i do not think this is an unreasonable request and given how the seller responds will save you potentially time, hassle, and money.

Concerned? No, because I would never buy a book like that on ebay from a buyer that I didn't know from adam.

This. Only with a capital A for Adam.

i perused closed/open ebay auctions and CL to make sure those photos have not been recently snagged; not that it would be anything conclusive, but they have not been.

however found this to be interesting. a recent AF 15 CGC 5.0 on eBay (with 2 written letters on top front cover) sold for $10,549

while a current AF 15 CGC 5.0 on CL has a bid for $14,592. that is quite a large spread.

I did notice the mention of 3 graders notes and calling to get notes. If a scam, well versed scammer he is.
Not really. They aren't supposed to give that info out over the phone now.

Depends on how recently it got graded. I'd probably stay away, though.

I did notice the mention of 3 graders notes and calling to get notes. If a scam, well versed scammer he is.
Not really. They aren't supposed to give that info out over the phone now.

Depends on how recently it got graded. I'd probably stay away, though.

He very well could have called for notes, as it was graded in May 2011.

Certification #: 1027864001

Title: Amazing Fantasy

Issue: 15

Issue Date: 8/62

Issue Year: 1962

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Page Quality: OFF-WHITE

Grade Date: 05/04/2011

Category: Universal

Art Comments: Stan Lee story

Steve Ditko art

Jack Kirby cover

Key Comments: Origin & 1st appearance of Spider-Man

(Peter Parker).

1st appearance of Uncle Ben & Aunt May.

i perused closed/open ebay auctions and CL to make sure those photos have not been recently snagged; not that it would be anything conclusive, but they have not been.

however found this to be interesting. a recent AF 15 CGC 5.0 on eBay (with 2 written letters on top front cover) sold for $10,549

while a current AF 15 CGC 5.0 on CL has a bid for $14,592. that is quite a large spread.

It`s not just AF #15

I have noticed a lot of the keys have been slow since about October.

I also noticed coins and cards have been just as slow.

Somethings up. hm

btw other then the Walking Dead #1 cgc 9.8 we will find the rest of Walking Deads have gone down in price as well.

Something is up. Unrest about the future of our economy.

Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money! So they're panicking right now, they're screaming