• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need HELP on this as this is strange

27 posts in this topic

So I sell a book for $1,700 on ebay. I send it out with signature confirmation and the tracking shows that it was out for delivery and that it was then forwarded to another address. Then the tracking shows that it is on its way back to me. Think a scam was in the works and he did realize I was sending with signature confirmation to taht address.

So I sell a book for $1,700 on ebay. I send it out with signature confirmation and the tracking shows that it was out for delivery and that it was then forwarded to another address. Then the tracking shows that it is on its way back to me. Think a scam was in the works and he did realize I was sending with signature confirmation to taht address.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet on this one.

Clue me in on how the scam works. :shrug:

Clue me in on how the scam works. :shrug:

+1

Well according to the post office the package never left there hands and is on its way back to me which shows on the tracking. The weird thing is the buyers feedback shows him buying many high priced books over time and if this was a scam it would have been uncovered by now. Any of you who want to look up the USPS tracking on this and give me there opinion on what they see is fine with me. The tracking number is 2301 0640 0001 5588 5578

there is a couple legitimate scenarios where this would happen. either if the address as labeled on the package is undeliverable, or incorrect it could be forwarded and then routed back to you in this fashion.

and also, if its not a residence and instead a business address or private mailing service address, in some instances, if the name on the address label does not identically match up with the info/name at the location destination, it could get re-routed and sent back as well especially in the instance of a signature confirmation requirement.

Yes I call the post office. They cannot tell me what forwarded means as it could be the address was wrong and forwarded means it was automatically being sent back to me. I am beginning to think this was not a scam but a mess up somewhere along the lines with the post office. It sucks because the buyer and myself think each other was trying to sam the other. I am so confused!

Well according to the post office the package never left there hands and is on its way back to me which shows on the tracking. The weird thing is the buyers feedback shows him buying many high priced books over time and if this was a scam it would have been uncovered by now. Any of you who want to look up the USPS tracking on this and give me there opinion on what they see is fine with me. The tracking number is 2301 0640 0001 5588 5578

My take on this tracking record is that the package was refused. The "forwarded" is forwarded back to the sender.

IMHO, the most likely explanation, if the buyer's history is as good as you say, is that the package arrived visibly damaged and was refused or was refused for some other reason. You'll know soon - it's almost back to you. The reason will be written on the package.

Has the buyer not responded to emails about this?

lol, I called ebay lol...Do you think they even care? They told me that the shipping part is out of there hands and they do not deal with that even though I asked then why do they care that we have to use signature confirmation then. As I said lol on ebay caring.

My take on this tracking record is that the package was refused. The "forwarded" is forwarded back to the sender.

IMHO, the most likely explanation, if the buyer's history is as good as you say, is that the package arrived visibly damaged and was refused or was refused for some other reason. You'll know soon - it's almost back to you. The reason will be written on the package.

Has the buyer not responded to emails about this?

If the item was refused, it would say so in the tracking info ...

It could be that the buyer has moved & didn't update his shipping address yet - I moved back in August and had a couple of packages that showed "forwarded" on the tracking info due to them being shipped to my old address (and me having the USPS mail forwarding in place).

Why call eBay? Send a note to the buyer and ask him to explain if there's something that you should know about the address you were given.

Wouldn't he be better off posting a thread on the internet about it?