• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official What Did you win on Comic Connect thread!

237 posts in this topic

The MH Zip 27 and MF 71 challenging to improve upon--unless we could go back to 1941or 42--PK

Pat?

The one and only! :foryou:

One of the best, nicest comic book collectors on the planet. I hope the boards gives him the respect he deserves.

The MH Zip 27 and MF 71 challenging to improve upon--unless we could go back to 1941or 42--PK

Pat?

One of the best, nicest comic book collectors on the planet. I hope the boards gives him the respect he deserves.

....I read all the CBM articles....just wish I still had the magazines. A writing style that left you feeling like you knew him. WTTB's Pat K........GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Pat?

Much respect from me :)

Just curious but what would compel the Library of Congress to release some of their books so they can be auctioned?

....many of their better books have been stolen over the years. What's left is in less than stellar condition....GOD BLESS...

Welcome to the boards Pat, I really found your CBM articles about the Ultimate Pedigree, the Edgar Church collection to be very informative! :golfclap: EJR

I agree. I still enjoy rereading those articles. WTTB.

Just curious but what would compel the Library of Congress to release some of their books so they can be auctioned?

It's my understanding that back in the day (at least the 1980s), the LOC would purge their files of newspapers and periodicals after they had been microfiched. I met a fellow whose entire business was buying newspapers from the LOC. He would buy semi-trailers at a time. He would sell these to people looking for newspapers from the day they were born, etc. Same with periodicals (he contacted me because he had a Champion Comics ashcan).

I'm not sure what they do with stuff like this today.

Thanks for the kind remarks--the old CBM was indeed terrific.

PK

......you fellas made it that way. I can truly say that no periodical came close for me in terms of month to month anticipation.....although Discover has had some strong periods over the years. GOD BLESS....

There was a guy fighting against me on 7 funny animal books.......

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

I really wanted to get a good head start on my funny animal collection with those books but I could not since I am in school so that limits me.

Those were Crowley pedigree books as well.

So I decided to grab the BEST cover out of the 7. and hope that the rest of the crowley books will reappear somewhere........

Here is the cover I grabbed

funnyanimals_zps682c363c.jpg