• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedex or USPS

30 posts in this topic

Do you need your own FedEx account for CGC to ship back to you using FedEx?

I mean, can't you just tell them to ship the books back FedEx? If it's cheaper, I would rather ship FedEx then.

You can set up your own account, it's free to do so and pretty straightforward.

I mean, can't you just tell them to ship the books back FedEx? If it's cheaper, I would rather ship FedEx then.

CGC offers Fedex ground return shipping through them for $50 for up to 10 books - it's much cheaper if you do it through your own Fedex account.

All my slabs come back FedEx Ground. Cost me about $35 - $40 for up to a box of 32 slabs, East coast to West Coast.

I send everything into CGC Priority Mail Insured on Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Because for some reason Saturday shipments go through a different sort facility and go straight on a plane from Los Angeles to Tampa, FL.

My Saturday shipments almost always (95%) show up at CGC Monday morning. If I ship on Thursday or Friday they don't show up until Tuesday or Wednesday... go figure.

Great tip Dre (thumbs u

Umm...is that John Wayne with an Energy Dome?

That it is

All my slabs come back FedEx Ground. Cost me about $35 - $40 for up to a box of 32 slabs, East coast to West Coast.

I send everything into CGC Priority Mail Insured on Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Because for some reason Saturday shipments go through a different sort facility and go straight on a plane from Los Angeles to Tampa, FL.

My Saturday shipments almost always (95%) show up at CGC Monday morning. If I ship on Thursday or Friday they don't show up until Tuesday or Wednesday... go figure.

Great tip Dre (thumbs u

That it is

Little known fact, John Wayne was a co-founder of Devo.

Great tip Dre (thumbs u

That it is

Little known fact, John Wayne was a co-founder of Devo.

Q: Are we not men?

A: I'm John F'in Wayne

CGC offers Fedex ground return shipping through them for $50 for up to 10 books - it's much cheaper if you do it through your own Fedex account.

I will setup my own FedEX account then. Thanks!

I prefer to send everything USPS. But, in the past when I had a FFL and shipped a lot of firearms, I always used my fedex account.

I know with the slowness of Registered and the cost for return shipping, I'm using my own Fedex account from now on.

FedEx delivery guys put the sticker on my door, ring the doorbell and run. I can be in the kitchen and by the time I get to the door, they are driving away. Extremely annoying. I would bet 50% of FedEx deliveries involve me driving to the closest FedEx facility (20) minutes each way for me to pickup. Really pisses me off. The USPS post man knows me well ( high volume of packages) and provides great service.