• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice Annual Sale announcement

132 posts in this topic

Don't know if I'm complaining or just making sure this is "normal." I mean 3 weeks is a long time in the computer age, and when you consider that people who said they got their requests in on the 5th (mine went in on the 6th) got replies last week, I just want to make sure I'm still in queue. I haven't written Spencer back with a "did you get my email" or "checking in" email, I just found this thread and thought I'd comment. From a newbie's perspective, it'd be nice if after we're instructed to sit and wait for a response, that we're told that a month is not abnormally long for the wait.....

Your time frame is normal for this sale. :gossip:

1. It would be interesting to see the link you are talking about. I also wonder if in the future on a sale situation Spencer would take that into account on any conflicting purchases and to the other interested party.

2. That is the pleasure and pain of a sale like this. Spencer I am sure is doing his best but this is never easy.

3. There is always the option of buying it before it goes on sale if it means that much to you. If not or it is a cost thing then these are the rules of the game.

Happy Holidays and Good Luck Everyone!!

Ray

so you hardly ever buy art then?

You must love making one sentence posts that attempt to show how insightful you are, while at the same time being snide to the person it is directed against. You are a talented guy.

are you still upset i deleted your PM without reading? I'm sure it was full of wisdom. Why don't you talk more about the commission with anonymous artist that almost was.....How dare anonymous artist not do your commission.

Very witty. I hardly ever buy art (actually NEVER) when I know that it was available from a dealer a few weeks before for a fifth of the new asking price.

so you hardly ever buy art then.

Very witty. I hardly ever buy art (actually NEVER) when I know that it was available from a dealer a few weeks before for a fifth of the new asking price.

so you hardly ever buy art then.

I hardly ever buy art. (shrug)

You must love making one sentence posts that attempt to show how insightful you are, while at the same time being snide to the person it is directed against. You are a talented guy.

are you still upset i deleted your PM without reading? I'm sure it was full of wisdom. Why don't you talk more about the commission with anonymous artist that almost was.....How dare anonymous artist not do your commission.

How about this.....how about you try to be less of a punk and try to not be rude to people for no reason other than being rude?

My pm to you was nothing of the sort....and even wished you a Happy New Year. You are the one who chose to ignore that. I chose to call you out on it once I saw you doing the same thing to another poster. Call it what you will....and I will do the same...and the way I call it is that you are a very unpleasant person. Happy New Year.

How about this.....how about you try to be less of a punk and try to not be rude to people for no reason other than being rude?

My pm to you was nothing of the sort....and even wished you a Happy New Year. You are the one who chose to ignore that. I chose to call you out on it once I saw you doing the same thing to another poster. Call it what you will....and I will do the same...and the way I call it is that you are a very unpleasant person. Happy New Year.

did you send this to all the other people in the commission thread who are facepalming your stupid post? I'm going to guess no.

did you send this to all the other people in the commission thread who are facepalming your stupid post? I'm going to guess no.

No.....only one other person is as rude as you are. There have been some other posts that are phrased to form a discussion, your post was phrased to belittle. We both know that your choice to call out my post was uncalled for. I have always been nothing but respectful to people on here, but I guess it is too much to expect the same, especially from a long time member like yourself. However, I am not afraid to stand up for myself, which is what I am and was doing. Your remarks, however, brand you as a coward in my book. What asinine response are you going to come up with this time?

Sooooo.... Anyone heard from Spencer regarding orders placed after the 5th? Just wondering in case I should send another e-mail

My second order was placed on the 14th and I haven't heard back from that one yet.

I don't think you need to send another email. Spencer gets to them in the order in which they were recieved so if you sent another email I would guess he wouldn't see or respond to it any sooner.

No.....only one other person is as rude as you are. There have been some other posts that are phrased to form a discussion, your post was phrased to belittle. We both know that your choice to call out my post was uncalled for. I have always been nothing but respectful to people on here, but I guess it is too much to expect the same, especially from a long time member like yourself. However, I am not afraid to stand up for myself, which is what I am and was doing. Your remarks, however, brand you as a coward in my book. What asinine response are you going to come up with this time?

Your original post was still stupid, how about you stop derailing this thread and take your high horse elsewhere.