• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know board member gmci2112 (Ray O'Gara)???

95 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I want you all to know I'll be working diligently to try and get any pending transactions you had with my brother taken care of. I just ask you be patient with me while I figure all this out. No time is "convenient" for something like this to happen, particularly around the holidays. And to say the least, I haven't been able to sleep in days.

Ray was very passionate about comic books. If any of you are from the Chicago area you may have been in one of two (2) stores he co-owned throughout the years. While I know nothing about the business I can tell you that Ray had a keen and honest eye for grading/pricing books. I hope you all had a pleasurable experience dealing with him via this forum or Ebay.

I'm unsure what I'll be doing with his comics, action figures, collectibles, etc. Any help pointing me in the right direction where these are concerned would be helpful.

Ray was a class act and would never want any of you to pay for something he couldn't deliver on, so please bear with me while I sort this all out. Thank you for your patience, kindness, and understanding during this very sad and confusing time.

Jon O'Gara

Jon,

I would put this in private message, but honestly I am not sure if you would know how to answer it.

One of things that I have been thinking about is your families situation in dealing with

your brothers collectibles.

I am honest, fair and will try my best to look out for you.

The number one thing is to take your time and be there for your family,

but when the time is right call me.

I personally don't want a single item from your brother (not even what I paid for)

I have a team of collectors that I dearly trust that do and again will look after your interest.

Just let know if there is anything we can do for you during this difficult time.

_wally

Wally's Comics

I would put this in private message, but honestly I am not sure if you would know how to answer it.

Just let know if there is anything we can do for you during this difficult time.

I'm already in a PM conversation with Jon, he wants to make sure all deals that his brother committed to come to fruition. Ray made it a point to make sure he always was as good as his word and Jon wants to honor the memory of his brother and tie up any and all loose ends.

He just wants some time and some advice on how to settle everything as it's a daunting task. If anyone else wants to help out, feel free to join in so we can take most of this work out of Jon's hands.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jon O'Gara, Ray O'Gara's brother.

Ray was murdered on November 28th.

As you can imagine this has been an extremely difficult time for my family.

Some of you may have Ebay transactions pending with Ray. Unfortunately, you now know why Ray hasn't completed them.

Anyways, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

- Jon

WOW.Im so sorry.Thats just insane.And of course my condolances.

I'd like to thank all of you for your kindness.

Because of the circumstances involving Ray's death I have yet to even go to his house to start gathering his personal things. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin when it comes to his enormous comic collection. I will however do my best to get any pending transactions sorted out, though it may take me some time.

Again, thank you all for your warmheartedness & understanding.

Jon O'Gara

Hey Jon,

When it comes time for that you will find many helpful people on these boards.

Once again sorry for your loss

I'm already in a PM conversation with Jon, he wants to make sure all deals that his brother committed to come to fruition. Ray made it a point to make sure he always was as good as his word and Jon wants to honor the memory of his brother and tie up any and all loose ends.

He just wants some time and some advice on how to settle everything as it's a daunting task. If anyone else wants to help out, feel free to join in so we can take most of this work out of Jon's hands.

Alan,

This is awesome for you to do this.

I talked to Jon tonight and he echoed what you just said.

He wants to finish the deals of this brother to honor his memory.

Hats off to him in this difficult time.

Let me know if I can help.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update:

I'm sure those of you who had pending transactions with my brother were contacted by forum member chromium, who has been helping immensely to sort all this out. I have finally gotten the chance to start going through the thousands (literally) of comics in Ray's collection. So far I have found:

Forum member comicnut : all of the comics (FF lot) you purchased.

Forum member PtTuller: all of the comics (Detective lot) you purchased.

Forum member mldynes: Journey into Mystery 90, Journey into Mystery 108, Amazing Spider-man 96 97 98, Hero for Hire 1-5, Superman Annuals 1 2 3 5 6

If any of you have not already filed a claim with PayPal or for any reason do not receive a refund please know that I haven't forgotten about this and I'm doing my best to try to get it all straightened out. I'll p.m. each of you as I locate the books you purchased.

Thank you all again for you patience in regards to this matter.

Happy New Year,

Jon