• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prometheus errr.. I mean Star Trek -- New trailer

104 posts in this topic

I found the Japanese version on iTunes Trailers through my Apple TV. There are like 15 different internaional trailers there. I went through them all to see if there were any differences. lol

Looks good on my 65" in 1080p

Hopefully the movie doesn't suck.

I found the Japanese version on iTunes Trailers through my Apple TV. There are like 15 different internaional trailers there. I went through them all to see if there were any differences. lol

Looks good on my 65" in 1080p

Hopefully the movie doesn't suck.

(worship)

Narator sounds Like Patrick Stewart

+1

Narrated by the baddie...

...who I believe is the Voyager 6 probe, or V'ger, in a cyborg form.

When Benecio Del Toro dropped out of the running, it was "confirmed" that Khan was the villain, which Abrams steadfastly denied (of course). I think that scene in the Japanese trailer pretty much confirms this is a reimagining of Star Trek 2. Not sure how I feel about that, as The Wrath of Khan was pretty much a perfect Sci-fi movie.

+1

When Benecio Del Toro dropped out of the running, it was "confirmed" that Khan was the villain, which Abrams steadfastly denied (of course). I think that scene in the Japanese trailer pretty much confirms this is a reimagining of Star Trek 2. Not sure how I feel about that, as The Wrath of Khan was pretty much a perfect Sci-fi movie.

I know :sorry:

I just can't stand the thought of, six years or so from now, watching another Star Trek movie about saving the whales. :cry:

+1

I just can't stand the thought of, six years or so from now, watching another Star Trek movie about saving the whales. :cry:

lol:applause:

I'm sure it will be more politically intuned with modern audiences....the crew of the Starship Enterprise will return to Earth's primative past to save the last of the Icebergs in a captured Klingon garbage freighter.

+1

lol:applause:

I'm sure it will be more politically intuned with modern audiences....the crew of the Starship Enterprise will return to Earth's primative past to save the last of the Icebergs in a captured Klingon garbage freighter.

Oh man... you're right. :facepalm:

I got suckered into seeing the last one, like gwb said...can't get fooled again.

It's going to be awesome, just like the first!

:banana:

I got suckered into seeing the last one, like gwb said...can't get fooled again.

lol

That's the kind of awesome that gets me to wait for Redbox coupon days.

I loved the first one.

:sumo:

lol

I loved the first one.

I did too. But you're the one who liked District 9, so your opinion means nothing to me. lol

lol

I loved the first one.

I did too. But you're the one who liked District 9, so your opinion means nothing to me. lol

You have no soul.

(tsk)