• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inexpensive comic display rack

13 posts in this topic

Posted this in another thread and a couple of people liked it, so I thought I'd give it view of it's own. If you want a link to the company that makes it, I can post it, you can find it in the thread I originally posted it in or you can PM me (I don't wanna spam the place up).

Picked this wire rack up for less than $40, plus shipping... total of about $65 from Rhode Island to Florida.

So far, I've gotten about 200 books on it pretty comfortably. The whole thing is coated wire, so I wouldn't feel good about leaving valuable books on it for too long, but I think it still makes for a pretty nice display.

Rack1.jpgRack2.jpg

Whats your thoughts about using this for shows?

Probably would work pretty well (it's really light and folds down flat), as long as you didn't put books on the very bottom shelf. Too open and too close to the floor... I imagine books on the bottom rack would get kicked, scuffed and crunched up too easily.

Whats your thoughts about using this for shows?

Probably would work pretty well (it's really light and folds down flat), as long as you didn't put books on the very bottom shelf. Too open and too close to the floor... I imagine books on the bottom rack would get kicked, scuffed and crunched up too easily.

I think the rack would work alright for someone just starting to sell at shows. It's too small for a serious dealer and I'd be worried about customers damaging books when taking them out or putting them back.

Sweet!!! And I think I recognize two of those books... hm:grin:

Retail display racks are awesome -- new or vintage!

Comics and other forms of pop junk were never meant to be filtered and filed neatly away, unseen for decades, into sterile white cardboard boxes; instead, at their best, they should always seduce us away (if only for a few moments) from any such mundane existence in which sterile white cardboard boxes are encouraged and tolerated!!!

Glorious & garish, trashy & fun -- such simple pleasures, such rudimentary intimations of beauty, should always be celebrated...and never hidden:

Gory-Layout.jpg

Just for fun, here's my '70s spinner...

rack2.jpg

Good times...

Posted this in another thread and a couple of people liked it, so I thought I'd give it view of it's own. If you want a link to the company that makes it, I can post it, you can find it in the thread I originally posted it in or you can PM me (I don't wanna spam the place up).

Picked this wire rack up for less than $40, plus shipping... total of about $65 from Rhode Island to Florida.

So far, I've gotten about 200 books on it pretty comfortably. The whole thing is coated wire, so I wouldn't feel good about leaving valuable books on it for too long, but I think it still makes for a pretty nice display.

Rack1.jpgRack2.jpg

That looks fantastic and is now on my desktop (Xmas hint...lol).

What a great idea for reader copies!

Thanks for sharing!

Slabs are too top heavy for it, and too wide to fill it out nicely. Four books (mine are all in golden age width mylars) fit almost perfectly, but only three slabs end up fitting... with big ol' gaps between 'em. Look chintzy that way.

Sweet!!! And I think I recognize two of those books... hm:grin:

Yep (thumbs u

Love the spinner! That's really what I want, but every time I turn one up around here, it's rusted all to mess and back and they want $400 for it.